Europe > Central Europe > Germany > Rhineland-Palatinate > North-East Rhineland-Palatinate > Nassau (Germany)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Nassau is home to the namesake castle, which in turn gave the name to a dynasty and through the circuitous routes of European imperial politics ultimately gave the name to the Bahamian capital, Nassau.
- 1 Burg Nassau. A castle standing about 120 meters over the Lahn River.
- 2 Steinsches Schloss. A seat of the eponymous noble family, which produced Prussian 19th century reformer Heinrich Friedrich Karl vom und zum Stein
- 3 Steinsche Burg. Seat of the Stein family before the Stein's chateau was built. Now mostly a ruin.
- Local Vineyards. Sample the fine wine the Lahn region has to offer.
- Lahn River. The Lahn offers various activities such as canoeing, or relaxing on the banks.
- Hotel Lahnromantik, Bezirksstraße 20 56377 Nassau (Close to Burg Nassau (Local Castle) and the Lahn River.). Hotel - Cafe - Restaurant 30-35€ a person.