Nasugbu is a municipality in western Batangas, facing the South China Sea. It is a tourist area, with luxury beach resorts along the coast, and some hidden draws like its asukareras (sugar plantations, from Spanish azucarera) and mountains.
Nasugbu lies along the western coast of Batangas, facing South China Sea (or West Philippine Sea, in response to the Spratly Islands territorial dispute). The town is a commercial center of western Batangas, with 134,113 people as of 2015, but is not as important as Balayan to the southeast, which is the traditional trading center.
The town lacks historical proof about its founding; the only proof about its early history is dated from 1852, by Jesuits. During the Pacific War, Nasugbu served as an entry point for the American liberators during the end of the war in 1945, and their arrival is commemorated since then.
Nasugbu grew its reputation for its beaches during the Marcos administrations between 1965 and 1986. Part of the municipality forms the Nasugbu Special Tourism Zone; luxurious beach resorts continue to grow in the area.
Nasugbu has a dry and wet climate, and temperatures in the municipality is suitable for sugarcane production. Temperatures in town can rise above 37 °C (99 °F) in the summer (between March and May), so be prepared.
The town is served by multiple bus operators running from the Parañaque Intermodal Transport Exchange (PITX) terminal; trips take over 2 hours via Ternate or Tagaytay.
- Batman Starexpress Corporation (BSC), JP Rizal Avenue. Operates buses from Pasay (EDSA or Buendia) via Ternate, and Batangas City via Balayan and Palico.
- Celyrosa Transport, JP Rizal Avenue. Operates buses from PITX to Calatagan via Tagaytay
- DLTB (BLTB). Operates buses from PITX via Tagaytay or Ternate, or Pasay via SLEX/Carmona.
- San Agustin. Buses leave from their Pasay terminal every 30 minutes.
- Evercrest Golf Resort, Batulao, Nasugbu, ☏ , fax: . Conference rooms, tennis courts, swimming pools, and a golf course.
- Canyon Cove Resort, Far East Road, Piloto Wawa, Nasugbu, ☏ . Accommodations equipped with coffee/tea maker, mini-bar, cable TV, and electronic safe. Some of its facilities and services are swimming pool, massage and spa services, game room, children's playground and a beach. From ₱4,754.
- Chateau Royale, Km 72 Batulao, Nasugbu, ☏ , fax: . Chateau Royale Sports and Country Club stands on fifteen hectares. Accommodations are in log cabins.
- Club Punta Fuego, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Club Punta Fuego is in Nasugbu.
|Routes through Nasugbu|
|END ← Ternate ←||N E||→ Palico Rotonda (junction with to Tuy and Balayan) → Merges with|
|END ←||N S||→ Lian → Calatagan|
|Tagaytay ← Alfonso ←||N S||→ Lemery|