- Batangas City
- Lipa City
- Tanauan City
This is a lovely province in Luzon's Southern Tagalog region, located south of Manila/NCR. Here you will find excellent diving spots including Anilao in Mabini, Sombrero Island in Tingloy, Ligpo Island in Bauan, these areas collectively are more popularly known as Anilao. It is home to Taal Lake and Volcano - said to be the lake within the lake, old churches and houses dating back to the Spanish times in Taal Town Proper, Calaca and Batangas City, and the Batangas International and Container Port. There is mountain trekking - in Mt. Maculot and in Mabini and Nasugbu towns. There are fresh-water beaches in the towns around the Lake—San Nicolas, Agoncillo, Cuenca, Balete, Tanauan and Talisay. Salt-water beaches abound in Matabungkay (Lian town), in Nasugbu, in Calatagan, in Calaca, in Lemery, in Taal, San Luis, in Bauan, in Lobo, and in Laiya (San Juan town). There are also several island tourist destinations, namely: Tingloy, Ligpo Island, Sombrero Island, and Fortune Island. There are also Industrial Parks and various manufacturing industries dotting the shoreline.
- Bureau of Immigration Batangas Office Division Road.
- Batangas City is 2 1/2 hours away from Manila when using the old inter town route. Using the STAR Tollway route, one can reach Batangas City for just 1 1/2 hour. Tanauan City is about 1 hour away and in between Tanauan City and Batangas City, one will find Lipa City. ALPS The Bus, Inc. is one of many bus companies that travels the said route.
- Travellers can take air-conditioned buses in going to Batangas City. Those who want to go to Nasugbu, Calatagan and Lian towns (Matabungkay) can pass via the Tagaytay route.
- Travellers going to Puerto Galera can take direct air con buses from Manila (Cubao) to Batangas pier. The best services are BLTB (every hour) and JAM transit (also every hour) from Kamuin Cubao bus station. SOmetimes, esepcially during peak hours, buses run every 30 minutes. The last stop is Batangas pier (ask the conductor before hand) from where one can take a ferry to Puerto Galera.
- When driving one's own vehicle to Tanauan-Lipa-Batangas City, travelers will pass through the South Luzon Expressway, then the STAR Tollway and can just follow the directional signs along the highway.
- For short trips in the desired destinations, passenger jeepneys abound, and then tricycles.
You can use passenger jeepneys to go to different parts of the province, but you can use tricycles for short trips. Tricycles could take you to the exact place that you want to go because jeepneys have routes like buses do. However, tricycles are small and cramped, and could only comfortably accommodate three passengers (2 if the passenger is over six feet tall).
Current starting fare for jeepneys is ₱7 for each passenger for the first kilometre travelled. Senior citizens, students, and differently abled passengers enjoy a discount: for each, it is ₱6; for tricycles, the minimum is ₱20, regardless of how many will ride.
The fare schedule (in English) is typically posted inside the jeepney for travellers, although you may ask the driver or other passengers themselves if you are not sure how much you should pay. Many locals, like in most other spots in the Philippines, can understand and converse well in English.
- Taal Volcano at Taal Lake.
Having your own Taal tour is easy. Taal volcano tour is an easy trek from the shore of the volcano island to the rim via the regular trail. If you're more adventurous, try also the Calauit trail. This allows one to go down to where the crater lake is and see the volcanic activities up close and personal.
- Fire trees (caballeros), southeast Asia's answer to Japan's famed cherry blossoms, typically bloom during late summer (April) till the start of the rainy season (June).
- Basilica Minor of St. Martin of Tours, located in the Taal section of Batangas, one of the biggest catholic churches in all of southeast Asia.
- Mount Maculot, a 947m mountain in the town of Cuenca. The mountain has a great view of the Taal Lake and you can also see the Mount Makiling and Tagaytay Ridge.
- Kick back, relax, and soak up the tropical ambiance. That's what this place is all about!
- Swimming and snorkeling around Ligpo Island, Sombrero island to see the corals. Beautiful colors!
- Scuba diving in the entire strip of Balayan Bay is home to the most diverse species of marine life in the world being in the world's coral triangle. Try scuba diving with experience programs for first timers using reputable dive operators.
- Explore the mountains on a mountain bike with the Batangas Mountain Bikers, a group of local cyclists based in Batangas City.
- You may also go to Taal Batangas where it is rich in Prehispanic Houses, and Taal Batangas is also known to have lots of Beach Resort.
- The Barong Tagalog, one of the Philippines trademarks, as it is worn during special occasions.
- Batangas is famous for the Balisong knife (commonly called Butterfly knives outside of the country). If you do buy these knives, and you live outside of the Philippines, you risk having the knife confiscated.
- Batangas is famous for its panutsa (Peanut Brittle), Sinaing na Tulingan (small tuna simmered in a broth of water, rock salt, sampaloc/tamarind, and dried kamias), suman (rice cakes wrapped in banana leaves), and the longganisa and tapa made in Taal Town, the achara of Calaca, and Bagoong of Balayan towns.
- Sweets like macapuno, ube and pastillas are famous in the town of Malvar, particularly the Elsa's Sweet Candies in San Gregorio Malvar Batangas.
- Saplot Batangenyo, Batangas novelty shirts.
- Ask the locals about their "kilawin", it is fresh fish soaked in vinegar and acidic juices like lemon, lime, or the local kalamansi, with lots of tiny chopped onions, fresh garlic, and hot peppers, its really good when the fish is still very fresh, as in just caught and straight ahead to the chopping board.
- Fried longganisa and Tapang Taal with Atchara
- Beef Kaldereta and Beef Tadyang at the A & M Restaurant
- Hamburger at the Hungry Hippo in Batangas City
- Gotong Batangas at Gotohan sa Barangay in Lipa City
- Crispy Pata at The Only Place / The Other Place Restaurants
- Pritong Tilapia caught fresh from Taal Lake
- Maliputo is a delicious fish found only at Taal Lake
- Tawilis is another delicacy - small fishes caught only in Taal Lake
- Pancit Tikyano (red stir-fried noodles) from Letty's in Batangas City
- Hot Chocolate in a roadside stand en route to Mabini and Anilao
- Kapeng Barako, the coffee that made the province famous particularly in Lipa City for its famous Cafe de Lipa (with branches at SM-Mall of Asia, SM City Lipa, Petron Star Toll, Market Market and main office at 032 San Carlos Drive Mataasnalupa Lipa City, opposite to Robinson's Lipa Exit
- Bulalo and Halo-Halo at Almarius Grill in Lipa City
- Lomi Noodles at Lomihan sa Bario in Ibaan Batangas
- Tapang Taal
- tamales of rhemars in Ibaan batangas.
if you want refreshing drink, try the mura juice with mura meat. its is young coconut juice with the fruit's meat, really good when served very cold mixed with condensed milk for sweetness...
Try Lambanog from San Juan town. It's a local brew from Cane.
The reputation of Batangas as a tourist destination has resulted in the sudden growth of one-stars, numerous bungalows over the water accessed by boardwalks, with wooden stairs leading down to the sea, and three-stars that are cheap by international standards.
- Lima Park Hotel, Lima Technology Center, Malvar, ☎ , fax: . Executive Suite or Deluxe Rooms, or opt to stay in Standard and Superior Rooms, all equipped with cable TV, IDD/NDD telephones and safety deposit boxes. Facilities and services are Salon, spa and massage services. PHP 3,996.00.
- Canyon Cove Resort, Far East Road, Piloto Wawa, Nasugbu, ☎ . Accommodations equipped with coffee/tea maker, mini-bar, cable TV, and electronic safe. Some of its facilities and services are swimming pool, massage and spa services, game room, children's playground and a beach. From PHP 4,754.10.
- Lago De Oro Cable Ski Park and Resort, Bo. Balibago, Calatagan, ☎ . Facing South China Sea, Lago de Oro Beach Club is in Balibago, in the town of Calatagan. The first cable wakeboarding park in the Philippines. The beachfront resort offers cable television, refrigerator, and a mini-bar in their rooms. They also have a balcony/deck.
- Days Hotel Batangas (Days Hotel Batangas), Pastor Village, Pallocan West (From the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, car rentals are readily available in the form of taxi cabs that are waiting outside the airport. The hotel is in the Pastor Village.), ☎ . Tours to churches and communities in Taal, Lipa, Malvar and Tanuan can be arranged.
- Anilao Outrigger Resort, Solo, Anilao, Mabini, ☎ , fax: . The resort provides complete diving equipment and houses a restaurant and bar. There are about 185 steps down to the resort from the parking lot. Porters will carry your luggage up and down, but you have to climb all of those stairs, which can be strenuous. Lowest rates start at Php2,800.00.
- Chateau Royale, Km 72 Batulao, Nasugbu, ☎ , fax: . Chateau Royale Sports and Country Club stands on fifteen hectares. Accommodations are in log cabins. Best rates on official website start at.
- [dead link]Evercrest Golf Resort, Batulao, Nasugbu, ☎ , fax: . Conference rooms, tennis courts, swimming pools, and a golf course. Best rates on official website start at.
- Microtel Inn & Suites, First Philippine Industrial Park, Sto. Tomas, ☎ , fax: . A/C rooms equipped with cable TV and radio clock. The inn has a swimming pool, meeting room and WI-FI connection. From.
- Matabungkay Beach Resort, Brgy. Matabungkay, Lian, ☎ . Its rooms are all equipped with spacious verandas, air conditioning, and a private bathroom. Also on premises are drink and food, function rooms, a spa, and a steam sauna. From.
- Hotel Pontefino, Pastor Village, Gulod Labac, ☎ , fax: . A/C rooms equipped with internet access and cable TV. Some of its facilities and services are business center, fitness room/ gym and recreational room. From PHP 6,200.00.
- Cintai, Balete/Lipa City, ☎ . A Bali themed resort with multi-function pavilions, 18 villas, 4 pools, roaming animals and so much more! It is less then an hour away from Manila.
- Hotel La Corona, Lipa City, ☎ . Hotel La Corona de Lipa is a party hotspot. It has 37 rooms, KTVs, function rooms, and a bar and restaurant. It's a 90-minute drive from Makati City.
- Mount Malarayat Hotel and Suites, Dagatan, Lipa City, ☎ . Within Mount Malarayat Golf & Country Club. It has furnished suites, a golfer's lounge, a spa, sports pavilions, a fishing lake, a ballroom, and restaurants of various cuisines. Best rates on official website start at PHP 5,440.00.
- The Coral Beach Club, Matabungkay, Lian, ☎ . Less than 2 hours drive from Manila. European and Asian cuisines, a pool and jacuzzi, a hot stones massage, and a hair salon are available on premises, and the Calatagan Golf Club is nearby. Php 1,999.
- Avenue Pension House 1 or new name PGR Travelers Inn 30 JP Rizal Avenue Batangas city. phone 3001964. from p490 per night.
- E L Flamingo Travel Lodge. Soro-soro Karsada. phone 43-3006905
Many travelers transit through Batangas in order to catch a ferry to another island. Batangas has a large port with ferries going to many places in the Philippines. The boats/ferries called RoRo (Roll-on, Roll-off) usually can accommodate your own vehicles. Schedules change frequently so check ahead of time. Also, the terminal is a focal point for many islands and therefore sees a lot of traffic. Expect longer lines and waiting times especially during public holidays, especially Holy Week. Fortunately, the Filipino culture observes and respects queueing so lines move orderly and quickly.