Neerim South is in Gippsland.
The most straightforward way to visit Neerim South is by car, which will also let you visit nearby towns. Using public transport is more difficult, though it can be done. Take a V/Line train to Warragul. Then there's a bus service that goes towards Noojee from Warragul station at 10:20AM on weekdays. It stops at the Neerim South Post Office and takes about a half hour. All of this can be paid for using Melbourne's Myki service, though some trains do require paper tickets. A schedule for the Warragul to Noojee bus is available here.
- 1 Neerim South Playground, Main Neerim Road, Neerim South. The Neerim South Playground is a great place to break the drive. There is play equipment for young kids and a skate park with a bowl and ramps for bigger kids. The park also has good toilet facilities and free electric barbecues which are undercover in case of rain. There are sinks to wash up after your barbecue and just across the road is a supermarket for all your barbecue needs. Free.
- 1 Neerim South IGA Plus Liquor, 147 Main Neerim Road, ☏ . 7AM-8:30PM. Supermarket.
- 2 Neerim South LPO, 123 Main Neerim Road, ☏ . M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-12noon. Post office. Foreign currency transfer and Western Union services available here. Warragul-Noojee bus also stops here.
- 1 The Old Bakehouse, 139 Main St, Neerim South, ☏ . 7AM-6PM, 7 days. The Old Bakehouse is much more than a bakery. They have coffee, milkshakes, pies, cakes, donuts, sandwiches, pizza, even fish and chips.
- 2 Piglets, 119 Main Road Neerim South, ☏ . From 8AM, 7 days. Everything home made on the premises using local produce where possible.
- 1 Neerim South Hotel (Kings Arms Hotel), 91-109 Main Neerim Road, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Booking required. Dining is available for two hours from Monday to Friday at 11:30AM, 1:30PM, 5:30PM and 7:30PM in the bistro, and 15 minutes later in the bar. All day dining is available on weekends from 11:30AM.. Bistro, bar and bottleshop. 6 hotel rooms are also available from $80-$160. $8-$47.
- 1 Neerim Country Cottages, 2470 Main Neerim Road, Neerim (on the road to Mt Baw Baw). Check-in: 2PM-9PM. Self-contained cottages with a solar heated swimming pool.
Vodafone and Telstra both have 4G service in Neerim South, while Optus has limited 3G coverage.