Like the rest of the United States, English is the main language in New Glarus. However, a few elderly residents still speak a sadly now-moribund local dialect of Swiss-German.
- New Glarus Brewing Company, 119 Cty Tk W, ☏ .
Being originally settled by Swiss-German immigrants, the local food in New Glarus is generally derived from Swiss-German cuisine. While you're here, be sure to try some Swiss-German staples such as rösti, kalberwurst, landjäger and spätzli.
- 1 Glarner Stube, 513 1st St, ☏ . Quaint restaurant serving Swiss classics and standard Wisconsin fare. Particularly known for their take on the rösti.
- Puempels Olde Tavern, 18 6th Avenue, ☏ .
- Chalet Landhaus, 801 Hwy 69, ☏ .
- Swiss Aire Motel, 1200 Hwy 59, ☏ .
- Inn Serendipity, 7843 County P, Browntown, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
|Routes through New Glarus|
|Madison via ← Verona ←||N S||→ becomes → Freeport|