New Ireland and Manus is an island region in Papua New Guinea.
- 1 Kavieng - the capital of New Ireland with excellent diving, sailing, fishing and surfing.
- 2 Lorengau – the capital of Manus.
- 3 Namatanai - New Ireland's second town.
Both the provinces of New Ireland and Manus were occupied by Japanese from 1942 to 1945 during the Second World War. Buildings and other traces of the Pacific War are still very much visible in this region.
- Ninigo Islands. Group of 31 islands belonging to the Micronesian outliers. As a tropical haven for its indigenous culture, these islands north of the New Guinean mainland are inhabited by multiple communities of Melanesians, Polynesians and German descendants.
- New Britain - the island known for its diving and war heritage is to the south of New Ireland and Manus