Jump to navigation Jump to search
|WARNING: Many governments advise against all travel to Bukina Faso outside of Ouagadougou. Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in Burkina Faso, including Ouagadougou. Governments may not be able to offer normal consular assistance in many parts of Burkina Faso.|
Government travel advisories
|(Information last updated 30 Aug 2020)|
North Burkina Faso is the Sahelian region of Burkina Faso, along the border of Mali and Niger.
- 1 Bokin
- 2 Djibo
- 3 Dori
- 4 Gorom-Gorom
- 5 Kaya
- 6 Ouahigouya — the one large city in the region.
- 7 Yako — the birthplace of Burkina Faso's former president Thomas Sankara
Ancient ferrous metallurgy sites
Five sites with ancient iron mines and furnaces around Burkina Faso have been listed as a world heritage site. Three of them are in North Burkina Faso (the other two are in the Black Volta Region):
- 1 Tiwêga Site (west of Kaya).
- 2 Yamané Site (between Mané and Ziniaré).
- 3 Kindibo Site (east of Gourcy).