Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Gandhinagar — administrative capital of Gujarat, city of Akshardham Temple and the second planned Green City
- 3 Himatnagar — a city noted for its ceramic industry. Himatnagar has many beautiful temples, the Maharaja Himmat Singh Fort and holds a wide range of festivals during the year
- 4 Idar — located on the Idar hills, Idar is known for its temples and beautiful architectural monuments
- 7 Palanpur — a once heavily fortified town with several temples dedicated to Hinduism and Jainism. The royal city of Nawabs.
- 1 Roda Group of Temples (Temples at Khed and Roda), Near Raisinghpura (Roda) village (18 km from Himatnagar on Khed-Tasiya Road). Seven Hindu temples built during Gurjara-Pratihara or Rashtrakuta period (8th-9th century). Considered as the fountainhead of all classical temples of Gujarat. Free.
- 2 Juna Bhavnath Temple, Mau, Near Mau viilage (6km away from Bhiloda). This 1300 years old temple has a reservoir, kund, named Bhrigukund which believed to cure leprosy if bathed in its water. There is a temple dedicated to Shiva and temple dedicated to the son of Bhrigu, Avan Rishi. The place is situated on the banks of Hathmati river dam. The fair is organised on the last Monday of Shraavana month of Hindu calendar and on Mahashivratri which is visited by large number of people. Free.
- 3 Polo Group of Monuments and the Vijaynagar Forest (Polo Forest), Near Abhapur village. There are several ruined ancient Hindu and Jain temples which are more than 500 years old. Free.
- Sapteshwar Mahadev temple, 1.5km from Arsodia village (2 km from Fudeda village of Mehsana district, 32 km from Idar and 30 km from Himatnagar). Confluence of Sabarmati and Debhol rivers, this is place of natural beauty. The kund and a temple housing seven linga of Shiva is ancient and associated with lores of Saptarishis. Free.
- Mahakali temple, Sampad village. Constructed by king of erstwhile Idar state in 15th century for the fulfillment of wish of child. Free.
- Brahmaji temple and stepwell, Khedbrahma. Free.
- Brahmaji temple, Khedbrahma. The rare temple of Brahma built circa 1400. Free.
- Mini Pavagadh, Vaktapur village (8 km from Himatnagar). 300 years old temple dedicated to Mahakali is popular in pilgrims. Fairs are organised on Janmashtami and Mahashivaratri. Free.
- 4 Modhera Sun temple. 8AM-6PM. 10th- to 12th-century Chaulukya-era temple with fine stone carvings and a stepwell. There is a small museum as well. Nearby Toran restaurant provides snacks and food. ₹25 entry fee, ₹20 for parking.
- 5 Taranga Jain temple. 12th-century Jain temple built by Chaulukya ruler Kumarapala. Fine example of late Maru Gurjara architecture.
- 6 Thol lake (70 km from Mehsana, 40 km from Ahmedabad), ☏ . Small and beautiful bird sanctuary. This 7 square km lake has several islands. It attracts migratory birds in winter including pintails, flamingos, cranes, pelicans, mallards, gooses and many more. 150 species of birds are seen here. It was established as irrigation tank in 1912. Call Assistant Conservator of Forests, Sanand for details.
- 7 Rajgadhi Timbo. An ancient Jain temple excavated from a mound.
- 1 Shanku's Water Park and Resort, Amipura, Ahmedabad-Mehsana Highway. Get cool in summer in water park. It has many water rides. Shanku's Natural Health Centre (Next to Shanku's Water Park), ☏ . A wellness centre which offers traditional naturopathy, meditation, massage and yoga therapies. Organic food and balanced diet are available. 3-10 days packages. Call +91 2762 282351 for rates.
- 2 Bliss Aqua World Resort. 9AM-4PM. Enjoy a day at the water park. ₹650 Mon-Sat, ₹800 Sun, Food and Costumes extra.
- 3 Tirupati Natural and Water Park (20 km from Mehsana, 5 km from Visnagar), ☏ , , . 8:30AM-6:30PM, Water Park from 2PM-5PM. Spread over an area of 50 acres. Rides, boating, gardens, water park and picnic spots. Barren land was cultivated and converted into this park by locals. Guest house with 15 cottages. Restaurant. Entry ₹60, ₹40 for group of 40 people (Zula Vihar ₹20, Hightech Riders ₹20 Extra).
- 4 Tirupati Rishivan Adventure Park (Vijapur-Himmatnagar Highway), ☏ , (for Meera Hotel), . 9AM-6PM, Water Park 12PM-5PM. Water park and adventure park with many rides. Meera Hotel Resort with lodging and stay facilities. Outside food allowed. Entry ₹100+tax, each ride ₹20-60,Water Park ₹300,.
- 5 Nimba Nature Cure, Baliyasan (Ahmedabad-Mehsana highway), ☏ , , , ✉ email@example.com. A wellness centre offering therapies ranging from physiotherapy, yoga, naturopathy and Ayurveda. Rejuvenate your health. Single ₹6500-7500, Double ₹11000-13000.