North Stonington is a village in southeastern Connecticut, about 5 miles inland from the coast.
North Stonington is a very small town located on the border of Rhode Island, and is usually overlooked by the vast amount of traffic passing through on the way to Foxwoods Casino. By reputation, North Stonington embraces a very rural atmosphere with many houses and farms inhabiting the green and hilly landscape, occasionally interrupted by beautiful lakes laden with fishermen.
Interstate 95- exit 92 off 95 and a left onto Rt. 2.
Rt.1- route 1 south into westerly, then right onto Rt. 78 East, then left onto Rt.2 passing into North Stonington.
By Car- Being so small and strewn throughout miles of winding road through the forest, a car is the only way to properly explore North Stonington.
- [dead link] Checkerwood Stables, 291 Wyassup Rd (Right onto rt. 201 off Exit 92). A great idea it you want to spend some time outside with friends or family. Located in a tranquil spot in North Stonington, Checkerwood stable provides great service and hospitality. Have a great time riding horses with knowledgeable trainers though the peaceful, wooded surroundings.
- Fishing, Swimming, Boating etc.. Take your pick from the many surrounding lakes around North Stonington. Places such as Billings lake and Andersen Pond are usually full of fishermen, swimmers, boaters, etc. during the summer months.
- Watermark Cafe, Shop and Art Gallery, 2 Wyassup Road, ☏ . Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM and selected evenings. Serves breakfast and lunch, in a lovely New England village. Great place for special events (e.g., wedding reception, art opening).
- Custy's, ☏ . 138 Norwich-Westerly Road. Famous for the all-you-can-eat buffet.
- Mystic Pizza II, 209 Providence-New London Tpk (Rt. 184 South exit off rotary), ☏ . Located on the rotary, a little piece of history placed in North Stonington. After the blockbuster hit, "Mystic Pizza" starring Julia Roberts, another restaurant was built here for the increasingly large numbers of customers looking for the atmosphere they envied on-screen. Although, the service is sometimes slow during the rush hours, between 5:30 and 7:00,the meal makes up for it brick-oven cooked and a good selection of Italian dinners. A great place to come for drinks, or a dinner with the family.
- [dead link] The Green Onion II, 240 Norwich-Westerly Rd (Right off Rt. 2). A relatively small place located on Rt. 2, a great place to stop in for a good meal. Although the first glance may throw you off with its scruffy appearance, don't let it fool you. Along with the pizza, the burgers and sandwiches are very well prepared, and the service is always on point.
- Cedar Park Inn & Whirlpool Suites, 85 Norwich Westerly Road, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- The Belissimo Grande Hotel, 411 Norwich-Westerly Rd (Interstate 95 exit 92. left off Rt. 2), ☏ . Probably one of the most noticeable buildings in the small town of North Stonington, a hotel with a steady influx of guests, most of which on the way to Foxwoods who want to spend the night gambling and return to a comfortable environment. The Belissimo Grande hotel has created a tranquil, authentic Italian atmosphere with the amenities of a five star hotel. An indoor pool and spa which compliment gorgeous rooms, with a free limo service running to and from Foxwoods all day and night. Although the prices are relativity high for anything but a standard room, they do match rates from the two surrounding hotels. Service is also good as employees conduct themselves very professionally.
- Hilltop Inn & Suites, 373 Norwich Westerly Rd. Hilltop Inn and Suites, another establishment taking advantage of the large amount of passerby traffic to Foxwoods Casino, not as exceptional as its competition down the road. Although the prices are similar to the Belissimo Grande and also offers a shuttle service to Foxwoods, the lodgings are not as nice. The rooms are very plain with little luxuries for the cost of the stay. The service is acceptable, but many customers have had problems with miscellaneous fees added to their bill.
- Cedar Park Inn and Wirlpool Suites, 85 Norwich-Westerly Rd (Exit 92 off interstate 95, left before rotary). A small place, sometimes missed by travelers fresh off the highway, but Cedar Park in is a great find. Located at the 184 Rotary, it the cheapest and smallest of the surrounding hotels with only 66 rooms. But don't let the price fool you, the hotel/motel boasts phenomenal service along with extremely clean rooms, but no swimming pool.
|Routes through North Stonington|
|Providence ← Ashaway ←||N S||→ Stonington → New Haven|