Jump to navigation Jump to search
The northern part of Gotland is made up of forests and farmlands.
- Slite has around 1000 citizens. It is dominated by a cement factory. It has a pharmacy, a Systembolaget liquor store, and a few shops.
- Fårösund has around 1000 citizens and the ferry to Fårö.
- The smaller villages Lärbro, Tingstäde, Själsö and Väskinde each house a few hundred people.
The rugged coast of northern Gotland stands out for its natural sceneries; the rauks (free-standing rocks on the coast) and the Lummelunda cave system.
- Slite, ☏ . Fuel on land, 200 m away. 0–19 m: 105–260 kr, electricity 50 kr, shower 10 kr.
- Fårösund marina, Strandvägen 7 (by the ferry), ☏ . 08:00–18:00. Open until 31.8, later only pre-booked boats. 300 kr, electricity included.
- Fårösund yacht club (800 m south from the ferry), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Marina of the local yachting club. Open middle June to middle August. 150 kr, electricity 20 kr.
- 1 Lickershamn, ☏ .
- 1 The Lummelunda cave (Lummelundagrottan), Lummelunda Lummelundsbruk (Approx. 15 km north of Visby), ☏ . It is open to visitors during the summer. A natural reserve that hosts one of Sweden's larges caves. You can also visit the nearby industrial heritage site "Lummelunds bruk", showcasing the largest millwheel in northern Europe. The cave is 140 kr for adults and 70 kr for children. The millwheel is 20 kr.
- 2 Asunden rauk field (By Slite in the north-eastern of Gotland). A barren island, connected to the Gotland mainland by a bridge, with a large rauk field.
- 3 Kyllaj rauk field (In north-eastern Gotland).
- 4 Lergrav and Husken rauk fields (On the north-eastern shore of Gotland). Two nearby rauk fields.
- 5 Lickershamn rauk field and "Jungfrun", Lickershamn (Approx. 25 km north of Visby). There is a minor rauk-field by the village Lickershamn. However, the rauk "Jungfrun", 500 m from Lickershamn, is the largest rauk on Gotland.
- Slite Maritime Museum. A very small museum.
- Gotlands kustartilleriregemente / KA 3 (Fårösund). The Swedish armed forces have had a strong military presence on Gotland since the 19th century. An urban legend from the time of universal conscription says that Gotland had a regiment for homosexual men. The story was probably made up to discourage draft dodgers from simulating homosexuality.
- 6 Bungenäs. A nature reserve.
- 7 Furilden. A nature reserve.
- 8 Stenkusten. A waterfront gravel road best suited for walking or cycling.
- 9 Hallshuk. A fishing village with a great view of the sea.
- 10 Enholmen. An island which has had two generations of fortresses.
- 11 S:t Olofsholm. A nature reserve with rauks.
- 1 Blå Lagunen (On the northern tip of Gotland). An old limestone quarry turned into a pool, 500 m southwest of the sea and 250 m north of Gotlands largest lake Bästeträsk.
- 2 Smöjen (In northeastern Gotland). An old limestone quarry turned into a pool, 250 m from the ocean.
- 3 Slite golfklubb. A golf club with a gourmet restaurant.
- 4 Gotland Ring. A race track.
- Slite marknad, an annual fair
- 1 [dead link] Slitebadens Wärdshus. A classical hotel from the 1870s.
- 2 Fabriken Furillen. A hotel built in an old limestone factory.