Northern Interior is a region of Uruguay and includes the departments of Artigas, Paysandu, Rivera, Salto and Tacuarembo.
- Salto - citrus growing town just across the Rio Uruguay from Concordia in Argentina.
- Tacuarembó - an important centre of the Gaucho culture
- Valle del Lunarejo (Rivera) - a national park
- Montes del Queguay (Paysandu) - a reserve in process of becoming a national park
- Palmeras (Paysandu) - Paysandu in particular is abundant with local palms (Yatay Palm). On the Argentinian side of the border they are protected in the national park El Palmar.
- Guichon (Paysandu) - Where the last Charruas were subdued in the 19th century. Now a popular bath resort. There is a monument commemorating the Charrua victims at Salsipuedes. The remains of the Tapera de Melchora Cuenca, Artigas' (the Uruguayan commander) indigenous wife.