Nykøbing Falster is connected with national railway system and has frequent departures to the capital, Copenhagen as well as Rødby for connections to the ferries to Germany. There is also a small private railway between Nykøbing and Nakskov on the eastern tip of Lolland island.
Fynbus route 800 connects to Odense up to 9 times per day via the Spodsbjerg-Tårs ferry, with the first/last bus departing at 07:40/18:40 from Nykøbing and 07:46/18:46 from Odense. The trip takes around 3½ hours, and departures are significantly reduced on weekends.
- 1 Falster's Memories (Falsters Minder). city museum housed in the 17th century half-timbered building known as Czarens Hus (the Czar's House)
- 2 Fuglsang Art Museum (Fuglsang Kunstmuseum), Nystedvej 71, Toreby Lolland, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Jan-Mar: W-Su 11:00-16:00; Apr-May Tu-Su 11:00-16:00; Jun-Aug: 10:00-17:00; Sep-Oct: Tu-Su 11:00-16:00; Nov-Dec: W-Su 11:00-16:00. Museum dating back to 1890 now located in newly build buildings in rural surroundings. The museum exhibits primarily Danhish art within the areas of work on paper, painting and sculputures. 70 kr.
- 3 Hairdresser Museum (Frisørmuseet), Vendersgade 6, 1., ☏ . May-Sep: M-F 10:00-15:00, Sa 10:00-12:00. 30 kr, includes entrance to the fire museum in the same building.
- 4 Nykøbing Falster Fire Museum (Nykøbing Falster Brandmuseum), Vendersgade 6. May-Sep: M-F 10:00-15:00, Sa 10:00-12:00. 30 kr, including entrance to the hairdresser museum.
- The Old Grocer's Shop.
- 5 Toy Museum (Ejegod Windmill).
- 6 The Abbey Church (Klosterkirken). Gothic style from the 15th century. Includes the 17th-century Mecklenburg Ancestral Table.
- Borre Bog, Eskildstrup. This is an area with woods and bogs. There are marked routes.
- Fuglsang Manor, Nystedvej 73, Toreby Lolland. Only access to the manor park.
- 7 Guldborgsund Zoo & Botanic Gardens, Østré Allé 97, ☏ , email@example.com. May-24 Oct: 09:00-17:00; 25 Oct-Apr: 10:00-16:00. Quite small zoo. Also has a shop and a café. 50-70 kr, children 20-35 kr, depending on season.
- The Marina.
- 8 The Medieval Center (Middelaldercentret), Ved Hamborgskoven 2, Sundby Lolland (4 km northwest of the centre of Nykøbing Falster on the waterfront of Guldborgsund), ☏ , fax: , firstname.lastname@example.org. May-26 Jun: 10:00-16:00; 27 Jun-14 Aug: 10:00-17:00; 15 Aug-Sep: 10:00-16:00; 17-21 Oct: 10:00-16:00. It depicts the middle ages in the Denmark of the late 14th and early 15th centuries. 100-115 kr, children 50-60 kr, depending on season.
- Nykøbing Falster Castle Ruin (Nykøbing Falster Slotsruin), Slotsgade 57.
- [dead link] Nykøbing Falster Watertower (Nykøbing Falster Vanttårn), Hollands Gård 20, ☏ , email@example.com.
- The Trebuchet (Bliden), Gedser Landevej 2. This is a medieval catapult. It is the oldest in the world of its kind.
- Football: Nykøbing FC were promoted in 2021 and now play soccer in First Division, Denmark's second tier. Their home ground is Lollands Bank Park (capacity 10,000) one km north of city centre.
- Bellingegårds Sports Riding Center.
- Golfklubben Storstrømmen.
- Indoor swimming pool Nykøbing.
- Nykøbing F. Squash Center.
- 1 Czarens Hus, Langgade 2, ☏ . Built in the 1690s, this house is one of the oldest in the city. The restaurant has taken its name from Emperor Peter the Great of the Russian Empire who personally visited it during a joint Danish-Russian campaign against Sweden during the Great Nordic War.
- 2 Restaurant Vinkaelderen, Slotsgade 22, ☏ . Their name literally means "the wine cellar".
- 3 [dead link] Spisestedet Liva, Frisegade 10, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Restaurant in the city centre which offer both a breakfast menu and an evening menu.
- O'flannigan's Irish Pub og Diskotek Route 66, Jernbanegade 34, ☏ .
- Teater Cafeen.
- 1 Danhostel, Østre Allé 110, ☏ , email@example.com.
- 2 Falster City Camping, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Hotel Falster, Stubbekøbingvej 150, ☏ , email@example.com/en.
- 4 Liselund Hotel & Spisested, Lundevej 22, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Routes through Nykøbing Falster|
|Copenhagen ← Vordingborg ←||N S||→ Gedser → Berlin|