- Main St. exit east from Highway 160 or take Brentwood Blvd. north from Brentwood
- BART goes from Daly City, San Francisco, Oakland, Orinda, Laffayete, Walnut Creek and Corncord to Pittsburg/Bay Point station. Tri-Delta Transit bus service roues #300 and #391 go to and from the Pittsburgh/Bay Point station and many places in Brentwood and Antioch. In the future, eBart will start going from Pittsburg/Bay Point Bart to Pittsburgh, Oakley, Antioch, Brentwood, Bryon and Discovery Bay.
Walking isn't really recommended as there really isn't a lot of sidewalks and most of the roads are two lane roads.
A car is necessary to get around unless you only have a short distance to go.
Tri Delta has four bus routes serving inside Oakley. They are #300, #391, #393 and #383. They all go around Oakley.
Taxi service is available, but on a much reduced scale as compared to major cities. but you won't be able to hail a cab; it is necessary to call and arrange for a taxi to pick you up. Rates are fixed by city ordinance and do not vary among companies.
- Big Break Regional Shoreline. Big Break Road north of Vintage Parkway, a great place for the family to go walking, birdwatching, fishing and boating.
- La Costa, 3100 Main St, ☏ . Known locally as to having the best Carne Asada burritos in the area.
- Uncle Wong Chinese Restaurant, 2005 Main St, # B, ☏ . The go-to place in oakley for great family owned Chinese food, only has 6 tables but nonetheless a good time
- Black bear Diner, 3201 Main St, ☏ . Has very large portions and great for a quick and tasty meal, try the Bob's Big Bear Burger one of the largest burgers you can find around the area.
- Giant Donuts, 2059 Main St, ☏ . Best donuts that you can get in Oakley
- Aladino's Pizza, 2587 Main St, ☏ . Has the atmosphere of pizzeria/sports bar, is a little more expensive than most places but the quality is one of the best around
- Little Manuels, 3420 Main St, ☏ . A small little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant off of Highway 4
Comfort Suites - Oakley.
Buses go to Brentwood, Antioch, Pittsburg, Bay Point and Pittsburg/ Bay Point Bart. Trains from there go directly to Concord, Walnut Creek, Laffayete, Orinda, Oakland, San Francisco and Daly City.