- 1 Birkehøj. 24/7. One of the largest passage graves in Denmark, 12 m long and 2 m high. It was built in the stone age ca 3200 BC, and was used for burials for mora than 1000 years. Bring a flashlight. free.
- 2 Dragsholm Slot, Dragsholm Alle, ☏ . Tours Sa 11:00. One of the oldest castles in Denmark (ca 1215). Guided tour DKK 75.
- 3 Rørvig Kirke. This yellow church is located in Rørvig near the beach.
- 4 Ulvsborg.
Parks and nature
- 5 Esterhøj, Høve. Hill next to Høve 89 meters above sea level. On clear days you will have a great view over most of Odsherred and the beautiful Sejrøbugt. On the top of the hill you will find the Reunion Stone. A 25 tonnes stone taken from the beach and placed on the top to celebrate that some of the territories Germany captured in 1864, was returned to Denmark after the 1st world war. free.
- 6 Gniben. The tip of "Odden" and the westernmost point of Zealand. here is a navy base, but you can follow a small path down to the water. Note the monuments honoring the swimmers crossing Kattegat in the 1030-ties free.
- 7 Klintebjerg. looks like a crater but is the result of excavation of hydraulic lime (the only one in Denmark). You can walk to for a good view over the sea. Is a popular place for fishing.
- 8 [dead link] Passage graves in Grevinge Skov (south of Vig). small forest with 7 passage graves free.
- 9 Veddinge Bakker. Beautiful hills formed during the last ice-age. Enjoy the nature and the view of the water in Sejerøbugten free.
- 10 Vejrhøj, Vejrhøj, Kolåsvej, Fårevejle. Not to be missed if you are interested in geology. free.
Museums and galleries
- 11 Annebjerg Collections, Annebjerg Stræde 1, ☏ . Annebjerg Stræde 2. Collections of glass and porcelain. Other local museums have been moved to locations on Anneberg. There is a cafe and restaurant.
- 12 Huset i Asnæs, Storegade 31, Asnæs, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sa: 1pm-5pm, Su,Mo-Fr: 10am-5pm. Art museum
- 13 [dead link] Malergården, Swanernes Hus, Plejerupvej 10, Plejerup (Grevinge), ✉ email@example.com. DKK 60, 80 combined with Odsherreds Kunstmuseum.
- 14 Odsherred Brandmuseum, Industrivangen 12, Asnæs, ☏ . mondays.
- 15 [dead link] Odsherreds Kunstmuseum, Hvide Hus, Rødhøj 11, Asnæs, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Su 11am-4pm. Permanent and changing collections of paintings in beautil old building DKK 45 (DKK 80 combined with Malergården).
- 16 Ole Olsen Mausoleum. Ole Olsen founded the Nordic Film company, and made a huge mausoleum for himself at the top of a big hill not open to the public, free to see from the outside.
- 17 Steengalleriet (Rock gallery), Sølvagervej 18, Unnerud, ☏ . Exhibition of rock sculptures in a nice garden. free.
- 18 Fri og Fro, Under Himlen 1-17, Egebjrg, ☏ . Only a few guided tours a year, but you can see it all year. Eco-friendly village of interesting houses build using straw, clay, seashells and second-hand materials. Free, guided tours DKK 40.
- 1 Nakkefestival. A small underground music festival in Rørvig, near the town of Nakke. It usually takes place in ultimo July. Check their website for specifics.
- 2 Flea Market, Vig. 9-13. Vig flea market attracts a lot of people when the weather is fine. Every Saturday between Easter and week 42 (middle of October), and every Wednesday during the summer months (June-August)
- 3 Odsherred Zoo, Esterhøjvej 94-96 4550 ASNÆS (Between Asnæs and Høve), ✉ email@example.com. From 10 to somewhere between 15.30 and 18. Small Zoo but with more that 100 different species. Dogs and other pets are not allowed as some of the smaller monkeys and peafowls are running freely around. Most if not all of the animal descriptions are only in Danish. If you visit outside the summer holiday and other big holidays, you might be the only one in the zoo - Not many places you get to have a hole zoo all by yourself. Check the parking lot to get an idea about the number of visitors. Remember that 2 to 3 cars are usually made up by staff. 95 DKK.
- 4 Odsherred Golf, Stårupvej 2, Højby, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 Odsherred Teater, Annebergparken 22, Nykøbing Sjælland, ☏ .
Lammefjorden is reclaimed land used for growing vegetables. Many small farms that put up signs offering fruit, potatoes, carrots, leeks, eggs, etc.
- 1 Sidinge Gårdbutik, Sidingevej 39, Vig, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tu-Fr:10:00-17:30,Sa:10:00-14:00, Jun-Aug also Su and public holidays: 10:00-14:00. Locally produced apple juice, mustard, rapeseed oil, marmalade. Also sell the local Perle wine from Gislinge
The town of Rørvig has a speciality called Rørvigspegepølsen (the Rørvig sausage).
- 1 Rørvig Fisk, Toldbodvej 81, Rørvig (at the ferry), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. April to October. Seafood and fast-food at the harbour From DKK 60.
- 2 Rørvig Kro, Toldbodvej 55, Rørvig (close to the harbour and marina), ☏ . noon to 3pm for lunch, open for dinner after 6pm. Good small restaurant in a nice setting DKK 370 for a three course dinner.
- 3 Dragsholm Slot, Dragsholm Allé, Hørve, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Open for lunch and dinner. There is both a restaurant and an eatery in the old castle. The food is based on Danish traditions and the history of the place. They use many interesting local herbs and vegetables, often from the gardens of the castle or the nearby woods DKK 650 for a 5 course menu in the restaurant (DKK 1300 including wine menu). DKK 100, three course dinner for DKK 300 in the Eatery.
- 4 Madkunsten, Algade 44, Nykøbing S, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Mains DKK 150, two course menu DKK 200.
- 5 Lyngkroen, Rørvigvej 217, Nykøbing Sjælland, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Good traditional Danish food in nice straw roof house from 1795. Lunch DKK 100, dinner mains DKK 200.
- 6 Høve Skovpavillion. Open from April to Christmas. The place to enjoy your afternoon coffee in the woods
- 7 Den Gyldne Hane, Vestre Havnevej 34, Sjællands Odde (At the harbour), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 11-21. Seafood. The specialty is a plaice filled with scrimps DKK 250.
- 8 [dead link] Strandlyst, Lyngvej 199, Jyderup Lyng, ☏ . 12:00-21:00. Catering to the cottages along the coast this a calm, relaxed place and child friendly place, that still has a nice dining room. It serves smørrebrød, steaks, sandwiches, pizza, etc. Also a good place to have a drink on the outside terrace on a warm day. DKK 180 mains.
- 9 Anneberg Café & Restaurant, Annebjerg Stræde 1, Nykøbing Sj, ☏ . Tu-Su 10:00-17:00; Juli-Mid AUG Th-Sa 18:00-22:00. Restaurant with great view over the fjord. Seafood and sandwiches.
- 1 Dragsholm Slot (Dragsholm Palace), Dragsholm Alle 1, Hørve, ☏ . Old castle 1695-2295 DKK.
- 2 Fårevejle Golf Hotel, Fårevejle Kirkevej 1, Fårevejle, ☏ . 595-1545 DKK.
- Lodsoldermandsgården (Lodsen), Toldbodvej 73, Rørvig, ☏ . May-September
- 3 Lyngkroen, Rørvigvej 217, Nykøbing Sj., ☏ . Also rents out vacation homes 710-875 DKK.
- 4 Rørvig Centeret, Nørrevangsvej 49, ☏ . Also rents out vacation homes 495-1125 DKK.
Oddsherred has a huge amount of summerhouses, so if you are staying for more than a day or two, it might be a good idea to rent one. Most newer summerhouses (build in the last 20-30 years) are insulated so they can also be used during wintertime. Some of the most popular booking sites are: Dancenter, Dansommer  and Novasol
- 1 Nexelø (20 minutes by ferry from Havnsø). There are no stores or restaurant on this small island so bring food and water. Enjoy the nature and watch the birds. It is the perfect size for a daytrip as it can be explored in three hours leaving time for a picnic. The ferry is 75 DKK return.
- 2 Sejerø. Island in Kattegate one hour by ferry from Havnsø. DKK 140 return from Havnsø by ferry..