Olathe is connected by I435, US 50, US 69, and US 169.
- 1 Johnson County Executive Airport (OJC IATA). The fourth busiest airport in Kansas. Primarily a General aviation airport. Air Associates offers charter flights to American, Canadian, and Caribbean airports.
The airport taxi to Olathe costs between $82 - $90. There are (free)telephones near the baggage carousels which can be used to call a cab.
- 1 Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm Historic Site (Mahaffie House).
- 1 Santa Fe Shopping Center.
For fine dining, it may be easier to go to Kansas City, though Oklahoma Joe's is well renowned. Chains include Panda Express, McDonald's and Burger King. There are good restaurants in Overland Park as well.
- Bobo Chinese, 1471 East 151st St, ☏ .
- China Inn, 20166 West 153rd St, ☏ .
- China Buffet, 2030 East Santa Fe St, ☏ .
- Wei's Super Buffet, 12225 South Strang Line Rd, ☏ .
- Oklahoma Joe's, 11950 S Strang Line Rd, ☏ . Barbecue.
- Johnny's BBQ, 1375 Old 56 Highway, ☏ .
- Smokin' Joes, 519 East Santa Fe St, ☏ . Barbecue.
- Taco Johns, 18617 W 151st St.
- Hooters of Olathe, 11977 S Strang Line Rd, ☏ . Try the buffalo wings.
- Granite City Food and Brewery, 15085 W. 119th St, ☏ .
Olathe has a number of hotels including all the major hotels. These include Hampton Inn, Residence Inn and Fairfield Inn on South Strangline Road.These are all right next to each other.Rates vary between $ 90 to $ 169 per night.Wifi is free in all these hotels. All of them have a good breakfast which opens at 6:30AM.There is a heated pool and a few treadmills for fitness. There are a number of chain restaurants within a half mile from any of these hotels.
- La Quinta Inn, West 151st Street.
- Econo Lodge. A budget hotel with rooms at $ 50 a night. This is approximately 3.5 miles south of the hotel on S Strangline Road.
|Routes through Olathe|
|Kansas City, MO ← Lenexa ←||N S||→ Ottawa → Wichita|
|Hutchinson ← Emporia ←||W E||→ Lenexa → Kansas City, MO|
|McPherson ← Baldwin City ←||W E||→ Lenexa → Kansas City, MO|
|Kansas City, KS ← Lenexa ←||N S||→ Mound City → Fort Scott|