Old Harlow is in Essex.
A low-cost minibus company, Stansted Transfer  [dead link] operates between London and Stansted Airport. Their shared hotel transfers are available for less than £10.
There are regular buses to Old Harlow and Harlow New Town from Stansted Airport and Bishop's Stortford. There is also a network of bus route within the town.
Stansted Airport (STN IATA) is 20 minutes away by road or train. The Stansted Express train runs regularly to and from Harlow. There are also five alternative international airports within easy reach – Heathrow, Gatwick, London City, Luton and Southend.
Greater Anglia provides regular service to Harlow Town and Harlow Mill from London Liverpool Street, Tottenham Hale and Cambridge. The Stansted Express operates through Harlow. The rail network links with the Channel Tunnel’s Eurostar service to provide a route into mainland Europe via Tottenham Hale, London Underground Victoria line and London St Pancras.
Harlow Mill station primarily serves Old Harlow, while Harlow Town is best for the new town and town centre.
Harlow is on the M11 (Junction 7) which runs north to Cambridge and south to London, linking up with the M25 at Junction 27. To the west of Harlow is the A10 which provides a route to Cambridge or London. The A414 runs through Harlow and provides an east-west route from Chelmsford to St Albans. Buses from Stansted Airport to Heathrow run via Harlow.
Most places in Old Harlow are within a 30-minute walking distance.
- Harlow Sculpture Collection (sited across the town). which includes works by Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth.
- Harlowbury Chapel. Anglican church that was built around 1180.
- 1 Gibberd Garden (20 minute walk from centre).
Walks in fields around Churchgate Street
Walk along River Stortford, north to Sawbridgeworth, or south to join Lee Valley Walk
Supermarket in the High Street in Old Harlow. A large number of shops in the town centre.
Apart from the pubs below, several cafes and restaurants in the High Street and in the town centre.
The Queen's Head, Churchgate Street
The Green Man Hotel
Harlow Mill (Beefeater) is next to the River Stort
The Marquis of Granby
The Crown Inn. This traditional English pub is situated in the center of Market Street, which is part of the original village of Harlow. It has been an inn since 1703 but the building is much older, probably dating back to the 16th century.
- Churchgate Hotel.
- Country House Hotel, Churchgate Street Village, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. near M25 and Stansted Airport.
- The Green Man Hotel (Only a short drive from Stansted Airport).
- Harlow International Hostel, 13 School Lane, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Park Inn Hotel, Southern Way (M11 Jct7), ☏ . Comfortable hotel only 10 minutes away from Stansted Airport.
|Routes through Old Harlow|
|Cambridge ← Stansted Airport/Bishop's Stortford ←||N S||→ Woodford → London|