Jump to navigation Jump to search
In the 2000 census the city had a total population of 6,604. In 2004 the population reported by the U.S. Census Bureau was 7,172.
Sites on the National Register of Historic Places in Orange City include:
- Dickinson Memorial Library and Park.
- 1 Louis P. Thursby House.
- Orange City Colored School.
- 2 Orange City Historic District.
- 3 Orange City Town Hall.
- 4 Seth French House.
Parks and Gardens
- 5 Mill Lake Park, South Orange Ave. With multiple access points and a picnic area, Mill Lake Park natural preserve is an ideal destination for family gatherings. The 20 acre (8 ha) park is comprised of wooded areas and a small lake.
- 6 Blue Spring State Park, 2100 West French Avenue, ☏ . Located just west of Orange City, this state-run park is open year round from 8 am until sundown. History is a big part of the park, and there are structures and artifacts that reveal to visitors Florida's past.
- 7 Valentine Park, 1511 West French Ave. Located just two blocks east of Blue Springs State Park, Valentine Park offers visitors a nature trail, picnic pavilions, a beach volleyball court and a multipurpose sporting field.
- Marshall Park, 352 South Carpenter Ave. This 3-acre (.5 ha) park features nature trails, a picnic area and a boardwalk overlooking a wetland area. Visitors have the opportunity to view wildlife in the park.
- St. Johns River Cruises, 2100 West French Ave, ☏ . Operating out of Blue Spring State Park, St. Johns River Cruises offers daily nature tours of the St. Johns River at 10am and 1pm. During May and June an additional sunset cruise, which departs at 5pm is offered. Visitors aboard the cruise have the opportunity to see turtles, alligators, manatees and a myriad of birds.
- Orange City Shuffleboard Complex, 220 North Holly Avenue, ☏ . Offers 16 lighted shuffleboard courts and a clubhouse where members practice and compete in local and regional tournaments. In addition, social functions and card games are coordinated on a regular basis by the Club. No cooking permitted on-site.
- Barnhill Buffet, 1070 South Volusia Ave, ☏ . Features of Barnhill's Buffet include a salad bar, casserole and vegetable side options and a diverse range of meat selections. The buffet offers a wide assortment of desserts and children's selections. Breakfast offerings are featured on Saturday and Sunday. Children under two eat free while children aged two and up receive discounted offers depending on age.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1330 Saxon Boulevard, toll-free: . Guests can enjoy complimentary continental breakfast. Pool, outdoor breakfast, and complimentary private bathrooms.
- 1876 Heritage Inn Orange City, 300 S. Volusia Avenue, ☏ . This inn, originally opened in 1876, offers amenities that include refrigerators, microwaves, cable television, air-conditioning and more. Some rooms offer access for the disabled.
- Orange City-Days Inn, 2501 N. Volusia Avenue, ☏ . Offering 24 hour front desk, breakfast, disabled access, non-smoking rooms, a pool, cable tv and more. Pool - Outdoor Laundry Service or Facilities
- Comfort Inn Orange City, 445 S. Volusia Ave, ☏ . Offering breakfast, disabled access, non-smoking rooms, a pool, microwave, refrigerator, cable tv and more.
Bed & Breakfasts
- The Alling House Orange City, 215 East French Ave, ☏ . Guest rooms at the Alling House in Orange City feature a private bathroom and cable television. In addition to offering three standard guest rooms, the property also features a fully-equipped cottage that accommodates four. Guests have access to bicycles and kayaks and can take advantage of discount coupons for area amenities and attractions.
- DeLand/Orange City KOA, 1440 East Minnesota Ave. This shady spot offers a pond, mature oaks, native palms and lots of fun for humans, too, including a pool, basketball, volleyball and a host of activities. Be creative with the Anything That Floats Regatta or enter a golf tournament. Get the kids involved in nature crafts.
|Routes through Orange City|
|Orlando ← Blue Spring ←||S/W N/E||→ DeLand → Jacksonville/Daytona Beach|