North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > New York (state) > Mid-Hudson and Catskills > Catskills > Orange County (New York)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Central Valley
- 2 Greenwood Lake
- 3 Goshen - county seat
- 4 Harriman
- 5 Highlands - Home of the United States Military Academy at West Point.
- 6 Middletown
- 7 Montgomery
- 8 Newburgh
- 9 New Windsor
- 10 Pine Bush
- 11 Port Jervis
- 12 Warwick
- Stewart International Airport (SWF IATA) lands you right in Orange County. Allegiant Air, American Eagle, and JetBlue operate flights from Florida and Philadelphia (Mar 2021).
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey, John F. Kennedy International Airport, and LaGuardia Airport: The three major international airports in the New York City area offer service from just about anywhere.
Ground transportation within Orange County is provided primarily by New Jersey Transit, Short Line bus company, and Metro-North Railroad's Port Jervis Line. Individual cities offer senior citizen buses and car services.
- Taste the cider, spirits, and wine at Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery, 114 Little York Rd, Warwick, ☏ . This is the only distillery in the Hudson Valley, and it concentrates on Eau De Vie de Pome—apple brandy—a little taste of Calvados on this side of the Atlantic. Two regulation sized bocce courts are open to patrons, bakery and cafe on site.
- See the vast and beautiful black dirt onion fields in Florida.
- Bannerman Island Cruise and Walking Tour, 26 Front Street, Newburgh (departs Torches Landing, Newburgh and Beacon Landing, Beacon.), ☏ . Cruise south to the ruins of the Bannerman Castle where you will get off the boat for a 1½- hour guided tour of Bannerman Island by the Bannerman Castle Trust.
- River Rose Cruises, Newburgh Waterfront, ☏ . Cruise the beautiful Hudson River aboard an authentic Mississippi stern-driven paddlewheeler. Sightseeing cruises, Sunday brunch cruises, dinner sruises, and dance party cruises. Season runs from May 1st to October 31st.
- Tuxedo Ridge Ski Center, 481 Route 17A Tuxedo, NY 10987, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday-Friday 1-9PM; Saturday and holidays 9AM-9PM; Sunday 9AM-5PM. A highly recommended family ski hill. TR offers lessons, rentals, and snow tubing, serviced by a friendly and professional staff. The lodge is a great place to meet new people and to relax after what usually is a long period on the slopes! A must-do if it's cold enough.
- Church of Saint John the Evangelist, 71 Murray Ave Goshen, NY 10924, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. M-F 6:30AM-9PM, Sa 8AM-8PM., Su 6:30AM to 6:15PM. For Mass times see the parish website. While it is the oldest church in Orange County (over 100 years old) it is also known as the first Catholic church to accept Bitcoin donations. free.