Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Central Valley
- Greenwood Lake
- 2 Harriman
- 3 Highlands - Home of the United States Military Academy at West Point.
- 4 Middletown
- 5 Montgomery
- 6 Newburgh
- Pine Bush
- 7 Port Jervis
- 8 Warwick
- Stewart International Airport (SWF IATA), 1180 First St, New Windsor, ☎ . Lands you right in Orange County, but at present offers few direct flights.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey, John F. Kennedy International Airport, and LaGuardia Airport: The three major international airports in the New York City area offer service to just about anywhere.
Ground transportation within Orange County is provided primarily by New Jersey Transit, Short Line bus company, and Metro-North Railroad's Port Jervis Line. Individual cities offer senior citizen buses and car services.
- Taste the cider, spirits, and wine at Warwick Valley Winery & Distillery, 114 Little York Rd, Warwick, +1 845 258-4858. This is the only distillery in the Hudson Valley, and it concentrates on Eau De Vie de Pome—apple brandy—a little taste of Calvados on this side of the Atlantic. Two regulation sized bocce courts are open to patrons, bakery and cafe on site.
- See the vast and beautiful black dirt onion fields in Florida.
- Bannerman Island Cruise and Walking Tour, 26 Front Street, Newburgh (departs Torches Landing, Newburgh and Beacon Landing, Beacon.), ☎ . Cruise south to the ruins of the Bannerman Castle where you will get off the boat for a 1 1/2 hour guided tour of Bannerman Island by the Bannerman Castle Trust.
- River Rose Cruises, Newburgh Waterfront, ☎ . Cruise the beautiful Hudson River aboard our authentic Mississippi stern driven Paddlewheeler!! Come aboard for a Sightseeing Cruise, Sunday Brunch Cruise, Dinner Cruise, or one of our Dance Party Cruises!!! Charter the River Rose for your next special event. Season runs from May 1st to October 31st.
- Tuxedo Ridge Ski Center, 481 Route 17A Tuxedo, NY 10987, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday-Friday 1PM-9PM; Saturday/Holidays 9AM-9PM; Sunday 9AM-5PM. A highly recommended family ski hill. TR offers lessons, rentals, and snow tubing, serviced by a friendly and professional staff. The lodge is a great place to meet new people and to relax after what usually is a long period on the slopes! A must-do if it's cold enough.
- Church of Saint John the Evangelist, 71 Murray Ave Goshen, NY 10924, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. The Church is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 9PM. On Saturday's it's open from about 8AM to 8PM. On Sundays it is open from 6:30 am to 6:15 pm. For Mass times please see the parish website. Sunday 9AM-5PM. While it is the oldest Church in Orange County (over 100 years old) it is also known as the first Catholic Church to accept bitcoin donations. free..
- Quilt Show, Pine Bush High School, 156 State Route 302, Pine Bush, NY. Sep 24 and 25, 2016 from 10 am until 4 pm. Biannual quilt show. In addition to an amazing quilt display, the show will include, guest speaker Susan Reich, Invitational of Antique Quilts –“Scrap Happy,” a gallery talk, a judged show, a variety of quilt related vendors, a craft supply sale, a block contest, a boutique with Quilts and quilt related items for sale, demonstrations, door Prizes, AQS Appraisals by Sue Reich, and raffle prizes which include Quilt, Quilter’s Attic gift certificate or a handmade basket full of quilting fabric, and a raffle to support the guild’s Pine Bush High School Scholarships. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. $7 per day or $10 for both days.
- Limoncello at the Orange Inn, Goshen, NY. Excellent Food, Fantastic Service....
- Tuxedo Sushi, 233 Route 17, Tuxedo Park, NY 10987, ☎ . Monday to Saturday 11:30-9:00. Outstanding sushi with friendly staff. Nicely located just off Rt. 17.