Ōzora was formed on 2006 as a result of the merger of the town of Memanbetsu, and the village of Higashimokoto. The name of the town means "Large Sky".
There is Intercity bus service for Memanbetsu and Higashimokoto.
- Dreamint Okhotsk [formerly dead link] (ドリーミント オホーツク号) - Hokkaido Kitami Bus and Abashiri Bus are operating the service. It runs through Memanbetsu from Sapporo to Abashiri with 9 round trips per day. About 5 hr 30 min from Sapporo to Memanbetsu.
- Eagle Linner (イーグルライナー号) - Hokkaido Chuo Bus and Shari Bus are operating the service. It runs through Higasimokoto from Sapporo to Shari with 2 round trips per day. About 5hrs from Sapporo to Higashimokoto.
Sekihoku Main Line runs in Memanbetsu area. Local train runs 9 round trips per day between Kitami and Abashiri. There are 2 stations in the town.
- 2 Memanbetsu Station (女満別駅). Limited express stops
- 3 Nishimemanbetsu Station (西女満別駅). 1.2 km from Memanbetsu Airport.
There is a local bus service in each Higashimokoto and Memanbetsu area. Bus services are often between Abashiri and Memanbetsu Airport. But other area is a small number, not suitable for tourism.
There are many renta car shops near Memanbetsu Airpot.
- 1 [dead link] Shibazakura Park (芝桜公園), 393 Suehiro, Higashimokoto, 東藻琴末広393 (8 km southeast from center of Higashimokoto), ☏ , fax: . Best time to see is mid-May - early-Jun. Moss phlox (Shibazakura) blossoms bloom in the park in spring. ¥500.
- 2 [dead link] Asahigaoka Park (朝日が丘公園), Asahi, Memanbetsu, 女満別朝日. Park is located on a hill of Memanbetsu. Views of 360° can watch from the observation deck. Sunflowers bloom in summer. Free.
- 1 [dead link] Memanbetsu Lakeside Campsite (女満別湖畔野営場), Memanbetsu-Kohan, 女満別湖畔, ☏ . Period Jul - Sep. Located side Lake Abashiri. There is hot spring near. ¥300.
- 2 [dead link] Shibazakura Park Campsite (芝桜公園キャンプ場), ☏ , fax: . Period May - Sep. Free site ¥300. Auto camp site ¥1500+.
- 3 Yumoto Hotel Sansui (湯元ホテル山水), 3-2-3 Memanbetsu-Kohan (5min walk from Memanbetsu station), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 10:00. Bath is the hot spring. Located side Lake Abashiri. Stay +2 meals ¥7800+. Only bath ¥390 (11:00 - 23:00).