Ōzora was formed on 2006 as a result of the merger of the town of Memanbetsu, and the village of Higashimokoto. The name of the town means "Large Sky".
- Memanbetsu Airport ( 女満別空港, MMB), 201-3 Memannbetsu-Chuo, 女満別中央201-3.
Regular flights are 6 flights from/to New Chitose, 3 - 6 flights from/to Haneda and 1 flight from/to Chūbu per day. There are bus services to/from Abashiri via center of Memanbetsu to fit each flight.
There are Intercity bus service for Memanbetsu and Higashimokoto.
- Dreamint Okhotsk (ドリーミント オホーツク号) - Hokkaido Kitami Bus and Abashiri Bus are operating the service. It runs through Memanbetsu from Sapporo to Abashiri with 9 round trips per day. About 5hr30min from Sapporo to Memanbetsu.
- Eagle Linner (イーグルライナー号) - Hokkaido Chuo Bus and Shari Bus are operating the service. It runs through Higasimokoto from Sapporo to Shari with 2 round trips per day. About 5hrs from Sapporo to Higashimokoto.
Sekihoku Main Line runs in Memanbetsu area. Local train runs 9 round trips per day between Kitami and Abashiri. There are 2 stations in the town.
- Memanbetsu Station ( 女満別駅). Limited express stops
- Nishimemanbetsu Station ( 西女満別駅). 1.2 km from Memanbetsu Airport.
There is a local bus service in each Higashimokoto and Memanbetsu area. Bus services are often between Abashiri and Memanbetsu Airport. But other area is a small number, not suitable for tourism.
There are many renta car shops near Memanbetsu Airpot.
- Shibazakura Park ( 芝桜公園), 393 Suehiro, Higashimokoto, 東藻琴末広393 (8 km southeast from center of Higashimokoto.), ☎ , fax: +81 152 66-3112. Best time to see is mid-May - early-Jun. Moss phlox (Shibazakura) blossoms bloom in the park in spring. ¥500..
- Asahigaoka Park ( 朝日が丘公園), Asahi, Memanbetsu, 女満別朝日. Park is located on a hill of Memanbetsu. Views of 360° can watch from the observation deck. Sunflowers bloom in summer. Free.
- Memanbetsu Lakeside Campsite ( 女満別湖畔野営場), Memanbetsu-Kohan, 女満別湖畔, ☎ . Period Jul - Sep. Located side Lake Abashiri. There is hot spring near. ¥300.
- Shibazakura Park Campsite ( 芝桜公園キャンプ場), ☎ , fax: +81 152-66-3112. Period May - Sep. Free site ¥300. Auto camp site ¥1500+.
- Yumoto Hotel Sansui ( 湯元ホテル山水), 3-2-3 Memanbetsu-Kohan (5min walk from Memanbetsu station), ☎ , fax: +81 152 74-2997. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM. Bath is the hot spring. Located side Lake Abashiri. Stay +2meals ¥7800+. Only bath ¥390 (11AM - 11PM).