Pacet is on the northern side of the Arjuno-Welirang twin volcanoes. Administratively, it is a district in the regency of Mojokerto. The city of Mojokerto is about 30 km to the north. Pacet is a hilly resort which is popular among travellers from Surabaya, especially the younger ones, as the nearest "escape" from the bustling and densely populated city. It has a few hot springs.
Unfortunately, this resort has hit its nadir during a major holiday season in 2002 due to a landslide. Many visitors who were swimming in the hot spring pools were killed due to this disaster. After this incident, the hot spring was relocated.
The best way to get into Pacet is by car. From Surabaya, head to Waru (DO NOT enter the highway/ toll road but drive straight to Sepanjang and then to the town of Krian). From Krian follow the sign to Mojosari and drive up to Pacet. The road is not very steep but it will take you to an altitude of about 600 m above sea level. Having said that though, from the border of the Pacet district we have to go through a steep road (about 30 degrees?) to reach the hot springs.
Since there is little (if any) public transport in Pacet, visitors get around Pacet by car.
- 1 Mount Welirang (Arjuno-Welirang). Mountain view
- Coban Canggu Waterfall.
- Pacet Mini Park (PMP). a place to relax on the way from Mojosari to Pacet, where you can see some passionfruit trees at the entrance and animal statues inside. This park also has a grilled fish "food court" with small pavilions/ bale area (warung lesehan). This tourist attraction also has some outbound and flying fox facilities.
- Soak into the hot springs and swim in the swimming pools
- Outbound and flying fox at Padusan and the Pacet Mini Park. but padusan is in the trees area
- Fishing (there are some fishing ponds, the notable one being Pak Gufron's fishing pond at Dlanggu, some 7-8 km from Pacet)
- camping. there are some camping grounds
- Fruit, agriculture product such as potato chips, and another kind chips and vegetables at the market
- Pacet is equipped with many small food stalls (warung), selling Indonesian food.
- Many eateries and fishing ponds serve grilled or fried fish.
- sweet fermented black glutinous rice
There are some budget hotels around the hot springs and some villas for rent. (Indonesian speakers only)
- Sativa Sanggraloka. ****
klick group mojokerto to know about pacet further by asking people there