Paderborn is on the Autobahn A33.
- 1 Paderborn/Lippstadt airport (located about 15 km south-west of Paderborn). There are regular connections with Munich as well as seasonal/charter flights to holiday destinations around the Mediterranean Sea and on the Canary Islands. There is an express bus every hour between the airport and the Paderborn bus terminal.
- 2 Paderborn main station (Paderborn Hauptbahnhof). served several times a day by intercity trains between Düsseldorf and Weimar
Foot, bus or bicycle
- 1 Dom (Cathedral), Domplatz. 11th -16th century
- Rathaus (City Hall).
- Adam-und-Eva-Haus (Adam and Eve House), Hathumarstraße 7.
- Paderquellgebiet (Pader Headwaters). An area of more than 200 springs, the source of the Pader river, the shortest river in Germany.
- 1 PaderKletter Park, Dubelohstraße 100. climb trees next to a pond, where you can also hire rowing boats
- Guided Segway tours. Ask at tourist information
- Water skiing, at the Nesthauser See in Sande (some kilometers northwest).
- Flugplatz Haxterhöhe (on a hill south of the city). Take a guest flight in a glider
- Watch football at SC Paderborn 07. They were relegated in 2020 and now play soccer in 2. Bundesliga, Germany's second tier. Their home ground is the Benteler-Arena, capacity 15,000, two km northwest of city centre on Paderborner Strasse near the autobahn junction.
- Libori - the annual fair in the city center (1 week)
- Frühlingsfest - annual spring party with live music
- Herbstlibori - as above, but smaller
- Paderhalle. Concerts
- Kulturwerkstatt. Concerts
Great downtown area. Libori Galeri and Suedring are local shopping locations. Check out the street "Die Grube" between Cathedral and "Kamp".
Sunday Brunch is a must while in Germany. There are plenty of restaurants along Kamp within which one may find time well spent.
- Sappho. bar and discotheque with alternative music. The Gyros with mayonnaise just next to the entry is a good fatty basis for a night.
- Limericks. Afterwards (in the morning) a visit to nearby is obligatory.
- Paderschänke. tapas bar offers spanish ambiente, snacks and wine.
- Biergarten on Mühlenstraße. is the biggest one in Paderborn.
- Alles Ist Gut. probably the smallest.
- 1 Arosa Hotel (Best Western).
- 2 Welcome Hotel, Fürstenweg 13.
- 3 In Via Gästehaus, Giersmauer 35.
- 4 Youth hostel, Meinwerkstraße 16.
- 5 Lippesee Camping, Hermann-Löns-Straße 165.
- Camping north of Sennelager.
- Kaiser-Karls-Park, Bad-Lippspringe (10 km north of Paderborn). Neatly trimmed spa gardens.
- Gräflicher Park (Earl's park), Bad Driburg (24 km east of Paderborn, 22 minutes by train).
- Wewelsburg, Büren (16 km south of Paderborn). Triangular-shaped, early 17th-century Renaissance castle built for the prince-bishops of Paderborn. During the Nazi era it was chosen as an SS cult-site and redesigned after Heinrich Himmler's fancy.