Paderborn is on the Autobahn A33.
Paderborn/Lippstadt airport is located about 15 km south-west of Paderborn. There are regular connections with Munich as well as seasonal/charter flights to holiday destinations around the Mediterranean Sea and on the Canary Islands. There is an express bus every hour between the airport and the Paderborn bus terminal.
Foot, bus or bicycle
- 1 Dom (Cathedral), Domplatz. 11th -16th century
- Rathaus (City Hall).
- Adam-und-Eva-Haus (Adam and Eve House), Hathumarstraße 7.
- Paderquellgebiet (Pader Headwaters). An area of more than 200 springs, the source of the Pader river, the shortest river in Germany.
- 1 PaderKletter Park, Dubelohstraße 100. climb trees next to a pond, where you can also hire rowing boats
- Guided Segway tours. Ask at tourist information
- Water skiing, at the Nesthauser See in Sande (some kilometers northwest).
- Flugplatz Haxterhöhe (on a hill south of the city). Take a guest flight in a glider
- Libori - the annual fair in the city center (1 week)
- Frühlingsfest - annual spring party with live music
- Herbstlibori - as above, but smaller
- Paderhalle. Concerts
- Kulturwerkstatt. Concerts
Great downtown area. Libori Galeri and Suedring are local shopping locations. Check out the street "Die Grube" between Cathedral and "Kamp".
Sunday Brunch is a must while in Germany. There are plenty of restaurants along Kamp within which one may find time well spent.
- Sappho. bar and discotheque with alternative music. The Gyros with mayonnaise just next to the entry is a good fatty basis for a night.
- Limericks. Afterwards (in the morning) a visit to nearby is obligatory.
- Paderschänke. tapas bar offers spanish ambiente, snacks and wine.
- Biergarten on Mühlenstraße. is the biggest one in Paderborn.
- Alles Ist Gut. probably the smallest.
- 1 Arosa Hotel (Best Western).
- 2 Welcome Hotel, Fürstenweg 13.
- 3 In Via Gästehaus, Giersmauer 35.
- 4 Youth hostel, Meinwerkstraße 16.
- 5 Lippesee Camping, Hermann-Löns-Straße 165.
- Camping north of Sennelager.
- Kaiser-Karls-Park, Bad-Lippspringe (10 km north of Paderborn). Neatly trimmed spa gardens.
- Gräflicher Park (Earl's park), Bad Driburg (24 km east of Paderborn, 22 minutes by train).
- Wewelsburg, Büren (16 km south of Paderborn). Triangular-shaped, early 17th-century Renaissance castle built for the prince-bishops of Paderborn. During the Nazi era it was chosen as an SS cult-site and redesigned after Heinrich Himmler's fancy.