Palangka Raya (or Palangkaraya) is the capital of the province of Central Kalimantan in Indonesia.
For the famous Place is Batu Banama hill. its about 30 minuts from Palangkaraya city. And the traditional foods : Sayur Kelakai, Tempuyak, Kandas (Vegetables).The City of Palangkaraya consists of five sub-districts, namely Pahandut Sub-district, Sabangau Sub-District, Jekan Raya Sub-District, Bukit Batu Sub-District, and Rakumpit Sub-District.
Iya mulik bengkang turan ( never give up until you get what you want)
Mamut Menteng (Strong and Brave)
- 1 Tjilik Riwut Airport (PKY IATA) (is about 9 km from the city centre). There are frequent flights from Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, and also direct domestic flights from Surabaya, Balikpapan, Pontianak, and smaller airports across Kalimantan.
- Batu Banama. The highest hill in Palangka Raya. It has beautiful scenery
- Sei Gohong.
- Kahayan Bridge. One of the icon of Palangka Raya. The bridge connects to Palangka Raya and the other regencies in Central Kalimantan.
- Tahai Lake.
- State Islamic Institute (IAIN) Palangka Raya, Jl. Yos Sudarso. The famous and established campus in Palangka Raya. It is located on Jalan G. Obos Komplek Islamic Centre. It is about 5 km from the central of Palangka Raya city. English Department is the favorite Department at IAIN Palangka Raya. IAIN Palangka Raya is near the largest Mosque in Central Kalimantan.
University of Palangka Raya- it is the largest university in Southeast Asia.
- Balanga Museum, Jl. Tjilik Riwut. The place where we can look around the ancient goods from Central Kalimantan, such as traditional weapons, traditional musical instruments, and so forth.
- Tangkiling Hill.
Traditional dancing dayak's culture
Traditional celebrate dayak's culture. Its like "Upacara Batiwah"
visiting Museum Balanga
Climbing Tangkiling Hill
Eating traditional food
- Palangkaraya Mall. features: KFC, Roberta, Book City, Batik Bahalap Boutique at Jl. Thamrin Palangka Raya - Lawung at souvenirshop Jl. Batam
- Mega Town Square at Jl. Yos Sudarso
- Kampung Lauk Restaurant - riverside seafood restaurant along the Kahayan river and minutes from the Kahayan Bridge, an icon of the city of Palangka Raya.
- "Tjilik Riwut Gallery and Resto" - The place where we can see the belongings of Tjilik Riwut, a hero from Central Kalimantan. We also can eat traditional food from Central Kalimantan there.
- "Borobudur". It is on Jl. Rajawali near SMPN 3 Palangka Raya. Customers can enjoy "ayam kremes (fried chicken)" with "sambal tomat (chili sauce)" and "lalapan (fresh vegetables)"
Wadi (Fermented fish), Juhu Baasem, Juhu Singkah, Kandas Sarai
- Acquarius Boutique Hotel, Jalan Imam Bonjol No.5, Menteng, Jekan Raya, Kota Palangka Raya, Kalimantan Tengah 73111 (near the center of town), ☏ . 4 star hotel
- Hotel Dandang Tingang, ☏ . One star hotel in center
- [dead link] Rungan Sari Meeting Center & Resort, Jl. Tjilik Riwut Km 36, Sei Gohong, Kalimantan Tengah, 73225 (located just outside Palangka Raya), ☏ , , , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 3 star hotel, 24 rooms. Hotel, resort and meeting center. Calm, peaceful and relaxing, for a stress free holiday.
- Hotel Mahkota, Jl. Nias. No.2. Pahandut. Kota Palangkaraya, ☏ .
- Swiss Bell Hotel
- Banjarmasin - the river city