Palembang (known natively as Baso Palembang) is a language spoken predominantly by the Palembang people, native to the southeastern hemisphere of the Indonesian island of Sumatra. The sister languages of Palembang are including Musi along with Minangkabau (and to larger extent also related to Javanese).
- How are you?
- Sae kabaghnyo?
- I'm well
- Tubu alap bae / Kulo sae bae
- What is your name?
- Sapo namo awak? / Sinten nami niko?
- My name is ______
- Namo tubu ______ / Nami kulo ______
- Thank you
- You're welcome (in response to 'thank you')
- Idak / Didi / Nano
- Excuse me
- I'm sorry
- Tubu jalok apugho / Kulo nyuwun pangapugho
- I can't speak Palembang [well].
- Tubu idak [mahegh] bebaso Palembang / Kulo nano [saget] baso Palembang
- Do you speak English?
- Awak biso baso Enggeghes? / Niko saget baso Enggeghes?
- Is there someone here who speaks English?
- Sikak ado nan biso baso Enggeghes? / Riki ado nan saget baso Enggeghes?
- Look out!
- Good evening
- Siang / Tengoari
- Good night
- I don't understand
- Tubu idak faham
- Where is the toilet?
- Dimano yo tandasnyo? / Pundi yo tandasnyo?
- Where are you from?
- Daghi mano asalnyo? / Saking pundi asalnyo?