Paleo Trikeri is a small island in the Pagasitic Gulf off the end of the Pelion peninsula in Thessaly. It is part of the South Pelion municipality.
It has a reported population of fewer than a hundred people, but only a dozen or so live there year-round. The island is covered by dense vegetation that consists mainly of olive groves.
During the Second Balkan War (1913) and World War II it was used as a prison camp.
A taxi boat connects Alogoporos beach near Trikeri, with Palaio Trikeri island.
There are no cars or roads on the island.
The monastery of Panagia Evangelistria is in the center of the island. It was built in the 19th century.
Trikeri Island has many beaches that are suitable for swimming.
Look for a taverna in the port of Paleo Trikeri (Agios Ioannis).