South Pelion (Population: 10,216 (2011), Municipality of South Pelion).
The mountains has just a few trees, as you move souther the environment looks more like typical Greek Island with bare rocks and no trees. Pelion is a tourist attraction throughout the year: the mountain includes trails and sidewalks for walking within small and large beaches with sand or pebbles.
- 1 Argalasti, Kalamos, Paou is a stopping point for those headed for the nearby beaches by the Pagasetic Gulf (Horto, Kalamos, Lefokastro) or by the Aegean Sea (Potistika, Melani, Paltsi). An exquisite sample of the architecture of the beginning of the century is the church tower of St. Apostles.
- 2 Trikeri, Ag. Kiriaki, Kotes
- 3 Platanias, Mikro, Kastri
- 4 Milina, Chorto, Lafkos
- 5 Xinovrysi, Potistika, Melani, Paltsi
- 6 Promiri, Lyri, Katigiorgi, Mortia
- 7 Syki
- 8 Paleo Trikeri island island
- Walk along the recognized hiking routes.
There is a good variety of beaches on South Pelion. The west side to the Pagasetic Gulf has smaller sandy beaches with calm waters.
- Potistika, near Xinovrysi
The most lively nightlife can found in Milina and Argalasti.
There are campings in Milina and Platanias