With its 7 km long lake, Palić was an elite resort and spa at the turn of the 19th and 20th century. The image of Palić has permanently been changing, improving and modernising, although it avoided the temptation of industrialisation.
The only way to get into the city by the means of public transportaion is by bus #6 from Subotica, which run every 20 minutes and the ride takes about 15 min. From Subotica buses run in the following directions: Novi Sad and Belgrade (ca. every hour), Budapest (one bus per day), Szeged (4 departures per day).
Another option to get to the city is by car, the closest E-75 highway runs in 3.2 km away. Taxi ride from the center of Subotica costs 550 RSD (Aug 2018). Distances to nearby cities: Subotica (8 km), Horgoš (border crossing, 20 km), Kelebija (border crossing, 20 km), Novi Sad (100 km), Belgrade (181 km), Szeged (Hungary) (40 km), Budapest (175 km).
Bus #6 runs though the city following Horgoški put road, but it is of very limited help.
The two architects, Komor and Jakab, who left a permanent impression on the architecture of the city, also designed remarkable buildings in Palic as well, and these were also built in Hungarian art nouveau and dominated by woodcarvings inspired by folk handicrafts.
- 1 The Water Tower. It's now the symbol of Palic, was built at the beginning of the 20th century as a multipurpose facility: a water tower, gate of the resort and a tram station.
- 2 Grand Terrace, Park heroja bb, ☏ . The grand opening of the Palić Grand Terrace was in 1912. At that time it was also used as a multipurpose facility. The upstairs was renowned for its monumental ball room. At downstairs premises were a restaurant and a pastry shop. Two open terraces that embellish the front of the building are decorated by magnificently wooden carved parapet typical of Hungarian Art Nouveau.
- 3 Music Pavilion and Memorial well, Obala Lajoša Vermeša. Right in front of the Grand Terrace, from the same period and of the same style, lies the tiniest Art Nouveau special purpose facility - the Music Pavilion. In the spirit of time, it was used and is still being used as a venue for promenade concerts. A memorial fountain was erected in the honour of the completion of constructions of the ensamble of Palić Art Nouveau buildings, which perfectly fit in the atmosphere on the lake front.
- 4 Women’s Beach. Another magnificent example of Art Nouveau style buildings.
- The colourful resort houses-villas round up the Palic image. 5 Villa Lujza was built in eclectic style and 6 Bagolyvár (an interesting name for an interesting building: "the owl’s castle") are “Swiss-type” villas, and their roofs are covered with multicoloured plain tiles made by the Zsolnay Manufacture.
- In the heart of the Grand Park there is specific facility, 7 the Summer Stage, where the Palic International Film Festival is held every summer.
- 1 Zoo, Krfska 4, ☏ . 9:00 – 19:00. More than 65 animal species live there.
- 2 Zvonko Bogdan Winery, Kanjiški put 45, ☏ . M-F. Tours usually start at 1pm and 4pm, but it's better to confirm this over the phone. French style winery with tours in Serbian, English, and Hungarian. RSD 200 for the tour, RSD 600 - tour and tasting of 3 wines, RSD 1300 - for tour and tasting of 5 premium types of wines.
- 3 Bike and catamaran rentals. 9am - 9pm.
- Palić Film Festival, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The Palic Summer Stage hidden in the shade of the Grand Park's hundred-year-old trees opens its gates to the Palic International Film Festival during the third week of July. This festival is dedicated to the promotion of the most recent productions in the European filmmaking and is accompanied with various programmes.
- Summer3p, Thermal Pool, Muski Strand, ☏ . It is the second largest electronic music festival in Vojvodina. It lasts for 4 days and usually takes place at the end of July.
- 1 Mala gostiona, Park heroja 9, ☏ .
- 2 Riblja čarda, Obala Lajoša Vermeša bb, ☏ . A lot of reviews from people complaining about high prices and bad service.
- 3 Vila Viktorija, Jezerska 15, ☏ .
- 4 Abraham, Horgoški put 132, ☏ . M-Sa.
- Akac, Kizur Ištvana 6.
- Brvnara, Vikend naselje bb, ☏ .
- Fontana, Vikend naselje bb, ☏ .
- 5 Guljaš čarda, Šupljak, Ludaški šor 206, ☏ .
- Jadran, Horgoški put 35, +38124 / 755-104
- Majkin salaš [dead link], Salaš 249, +38124 / 753-672,
- Sarvaš, Hajdukovo, Borisa Kidriča 30, +38124 / 758-335
- Sunjog čarda, Hajdukovo, Vizitorski centar, +38124 / 758-083
- Vinski dvor, Hajdukovo, Hajdukovo bb, +38124 / 754-645,c
- Paprika čarda, Vikend naselje bb, +38124 / 63/727-42-35.
- Shiraz, Tuk Ugarnice 14,, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Palićki put bb
- 1 Hotel Jezero, Park heroja 14, ☏ . From RSD 4000.
- 2 Hotel Park, Park heroja 15, ☏ . From RSD 4000.
- 3 Hotel Prezident, Olge Penavin 2, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. From RSD 5500.
- 4 B&B Villa Regina, Splitska aleja 21, ☏ . From RSD 2500.
- Master Palić, Kanjiški put 17a, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. CATV, telephone, mini bar, internet cafe, Wi-Fi, air conditioning.
- 5 Villa Boska Palic (Vila Boska Palić), Vikend Naselje 280, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. 20€.