Patong (หาดป่าตอง Hat Patong) is the largest beach resort on the island of Phuket. This article also includes Kalim, a series of small beaches just north of Patong.
Patong is a party capital of Asia, with a world famous nightlife and a great beach. Mostly made up of hotels, world-class restaurants, nightclubs and various tourist attractions, this is a hedonists' heaven, with numerous entertainment complexes and countless bars clustered together in and around Bangla Rd and Beach Rd. The town has a very obvious female, transgender, and male sex industry to cater to every taste, however to only view it as this is a mistake, it offers so much more, for families and couples too.
Massage parlors of the erotic as well the therapeutic (nuat Thai) genre provide less alcohol/drug infested venues for punters and wellness seekers. One can even find masseuses practicing this medical art atop bamboo mats on the beach sands (100 baht and up).
Prices are higher than in Phuket Town, but there's more budget accommodation here than at the more southerly beaches.
This may not be a good destination for the average backpacker, except in the rainy season when prices are far lower. However backpackers are not Patong's target market. It is fairly and squarely aimed at holidaymakers, and does it rather well.
Rooming houses ("mansions") a few blocks inland provide nice, clean air-con rooms and suites as cheaply as 300 baht/day (less without air-con), or 3,000-10,000 baht/month. However Patong has every type of accommodation imaginable, from home stays to palaces.
Beach Rd and its immediate surroundings were hit hard by the December 2004 tsunami. The only signs that remain are the "tsunami" titles on sale by local VCD/DVD vendors.
Phuket Island in general and Patong Beach in particular are visited about once per year by ships of the US Navy. The navy sailors are generally well-behaved and are policed by their own shore patrol. As Patong is not considered big enough, very large navy ships and flotillas usually visit Pattaya instead.
Patong's three main axes are the aptly named Beach Road (Thanon Thawiwong) and Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Rd (the last bit means "200 years" and is pronounced song roi bee) running parallel a few hundred metres inland, bisected at the midpoint by the world famous Soi Bangla. (For the sake of brevity, in this article it is called "Rat-U-Thit Rd". Running parallel to Beach Rd and Rat-U-Thit Rd about half a kilometre inland is Nanai Rd which is the residential expatriate area and has many cheaper guesthouses and hotels. The restaurants here tend to be cheaper as well, with beers to be found for 60 baht a bottle generally.
Between Nanai Rd and Rat-U-Thit is the bypass road. This road runs behind the huge Jungceylon shopping centre and past the local fresh fish and vegetable market, Baanzan (well worth a visit).
Phuket International Airport (HKT) is 35 km north of Patong. Limousines from the airport to Patong are a steep 600 baht (45 minutes). Meter-taxis are 400+ baht (from the meter-taxi stand at the airport. Ignore the touts and turn right as you exit the terminal). Shared minibuses are 180 baht. Tickets can be obtained immediately outside the terminal. The minibus will stop halfway to Patong to ask where you are staying and to sell you overpriced hotels and tours. A cheaper, but more time consuming, option is to take the comfortable air-con airport shuttle bus to Phuket Town (85 baht, 1 hour), and switch there to a local bus to Patong. See "By bus". Alternatively, if you know the right road, you can get off the bus after you pass the Big C shopping centre on the right (the airport bus goes to the left there, and the road to Kathu and then Patong is to the right at the same intersection), then catch a local bus to Patong there. Local buses to Patong are clearly marked in English and Thai.
Regular buses connect to Phuket Town (25 baht, 30-45 minutes) every 30 minutes or so between 07:00 and 18:00. The route starts from the southern end of the beach, after which the bus crawls through town (via Bangla Road), stopping to pick up passengers, before finally heading off across the hills, and going via Kathu, then passing near Big C before entering the Phuket Town.
In Phuket Town, those buses are usually waiting for passengers near the local market (1-1,5 km west from the Phuket bus station), however, some huge (almost bus-sized) songthaews marked "Phuket - Patong" were seen near Phuket bus station too. If you're coming by public bus from other areas in Thailand (like Bangkok or Surat Thani), as well as if using the airport bus, you will end up in this bus station. Local motorbike taxi drivers can and will offer fares like 40 baht to the market or 250 baht straight to Phuket - just walk (there's a city map in the terminal), bargain hard, or just wait for an arriving songthaew; even if he's not going to Patong, he will drop you to the bus station for no more than 20 baht, or probably 10 if there's more than 2-3 of you.
To get to the market from where the large songthaews go, turn right into Phang Nga Rd on leaving the bus station and walk to where the road ends. Turn left then right at the roundabout immediately after. Walk along this road and you will see them several hundred metres along. Choose the one to the beach you want.
The ones returning from Patong will arrive here, but if enough persons want to go to the bus station (in our case six persons) we were charged an extra 10 baht each and were dropped off there.
By hire car or van
"Limousine" usually refers to a larger sedan, such as a Toyota Camry, with leather seats, etc. They cost around 600-700 baht to go to Kata Beach. Considering the drive is about an hour long, this is one of the best options to get to Kata Beach.
- Phuket Connect Transfers, 38/61 Moo 5 Kohkaew Muang, ☎ , e-mail: , email@example.com. By local driver. Transfers by private car or van from any place in Patong to any other place on the island or as far as Krabi or Khao Sok. Available 24/7. You can arrange for a free child's seat in advance.
- Phuket Travel Box Transfer, ☎ , fax: 66(0) 76 612 619, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 24/7. From Phuket International Airport to and around Phuket Island and practically any other location in Phuket.
- Phuket Transfers, 162/44-45 Phung Muang Sai Kor Rd.,Patong, ☎ , fax: +66 7632 2852, e-mail: email@example.com. 24/7. By local driver. Transfers by private car or van from any place in Phuket to any other place on the island or as far as Krabi or Khao Lak. Available 24/7. You can arrange for a free child's seat in advance.
Patong can (just about) be covered on foot, but there are plenty of taxis and motorbikes to get you around. The cost of these is one of the main down sides to Patong as they are unregulated and charge what they please.
Phuket has two types of taxi - millions (or so it seems) of small songthaew-style minivans (usually bright red, occasionally bright yellow), and very few conventional sedan-style taxis (yellow and red, with a "Taxi-Meter" sign on top).
The minivans have no meter, and their drivers are notoriously mercenary, so always agree a price beforehand and do bargain hard. Short hops typically cost 200 baht since the one-way street system was inaugurated.
For longer distances the metered taxis are generally cheaper.
Motorbike taxi rides within Patong start around 40 baht, though for any unwalkable distance you might find it hard to get a ride for less than 100 baht.
There are many sorts of beaches on Phuket. If one wants unspoiled and natural then Patong is not your kind of place, but there are many unspoiled beaches in the north and south of this beautiful island. Patong is for those of you who like a developed resort with a vibrant nightlife.
- Kalim Beach (หาดกะหลิม—Hat Kalim). Just north of Patong Bay, starting from about the Novotel Phuket Resort Patong to Thavorn Beach Village, this area consists of rocky but quiet beaches, and an interesting road leading up into hills with high viewpoints and a few good quality restaurants perched on the edge and top. Some housing compounds are now being built on the hillsides and the whole area is steadily moving upmarket.
- Freedom Beach. Beautiful beach with just a few people compared to Karon or Patong. On the east side of the mountain separating Karon from Patong. You can either charter a long boat from Karon or Patong for about 1000 to 2000 bath flat (negotiate) to drop you off at the beach and collect you there or pay a taxi (tuktuks can't go up the steep mountain) around 600 bath (haggled down from 1000) to drop you off at the gravel road above the beach. Pay when you are picked up again! The "access fee" to the beach is 200 baht per person, although all beaches in Thailand are said to be open to the public. The trail down from the gravel road is steep. A bar and a toilet can be found on the beach.
- Bali Hai, 200 Years Rd. Bali Hai is one that can be recommended.
- Orientala. Full service massage.
Scuba diving and snorkelling
- All4Diving, 169/14 Soi Sansabai (Near Jungceylon Mall), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:00-22:00. A complete PADI 5 Star career development scuba diving centre and IDC. Provides day trips and PADI scuba diving courses, from beginner to professional level of instructor, to Ko Racha and Ko Phi Phi Islands. They are liveaboard specialists to the Similan Islands and Bali, having their own fleet, M/V Mermaids.
- Thailand Divers (Close by Patong Hospital - 59/1 Sainamyen Road, Patong Beach.), ☎ , fax: +66 (0) 76 510 941, e-mail: email@example.com. 7am - 9pm. 7 Days a week.. Has been training new and experienced divers for over 10 years. The dive centre is located on the West coast of Phuket- Patong Beach - close by the best diving locations in Thailand. Day trips, liveaboards, etc.
- Underwater Holidays, ☎ . Scuba diving holidays to the Similan National Marine Park.
- Jet-skiing, para-sailing and other water-sports. Be careful when renting a jet-ski in Phuket. There is a well known and notorious scam where tourists are falsely accused of damaging the jet ski and extorted out of huge sums of money (in the many tens of thousands of baht). The extortionists are extremely persistent and are known to use threats of physical violence and the police will not help because they get a cut of the proceeds. The general consensus seems to be that to stay safe you should not rent a jet ski in Thailand. If you do, make sure it is through an agency you trust, e.g., your hotel (if you trust your hotel). Note: There is no insurance when hiring jet skis.
- Patong Language School, 5/11-12 Had Patong Rd (two minute walk from the beach), ☎ . M-F 09:00-19:00, Sa 10:00-16:00. Teaches languages Thai, English, German, and Japanese. Rates depend on group or private and length of study. Approved by the Thai Ministry of Education, accredited by CSN Sweden, and Bildungsurlaub Germany.
One of Patong's main attractions, besides the nightlife, is shopping. Patong Beach transforms into a large night bazaar every evening, when all the main roads become clogged with stalls selling handicrafts, silk scarves, sarongs and a variety of beach clothes, leisure wear, leather goods and luggage, CDs etc. Bargain hard for anything you buy from these stalls, as everything is negotiable in Patong and starting prices are often ridiculously high. Get a local to help you haggle rather than complain about it. Save yourself to bargain and overpay. Shopping at shopping malls in Phuket is a lot safer and cost effective. Price of a pair of sunglasses for example will be the same price as stalls on beach road (non-bargain).
Fake goods from the many stalls are all over the place. Quality is normally poor. The Thai government recently introduced a new law making it a criminal offence to buy or sell pirated goods. Although no cases involving tourists have been reported at the time of writing, the risk does exist that goods that violate intellectual property rights may be liable to confiscation at the airport.
- Jaspal Tailor (off Soi Bangla).
- Jungceylon (จังซีลอน), 181 Rat-U-Thit Rd (near the inland end of Bangla Rd). May-Oct: Daily, 11:00-22:00, Nov-Apr: Daily, 11:00-23:00; Big C Extra: Daily, 10:00-22:00; SF Cinema City: 11:00-01:00; SF Strike Bowl: Daily, 12:00-01:00.. Patong's first full-fledged modern air-con shopping mall, complete with 200 shops, integrated hotels, etc. The launch was postponed several times in the wake of the 2004 tsunami, but it opened in July 2007. The food court in the basement has various types of local food, mostly Indian and Thai. It is a good value commercial canteen in style with tables in the middle and food vendors set into walls around table area.
- Patong OTOP Shopping Paradise (south end Rat-U-Thit Rd). You might be excused for thinking that this has something to do with the "One Tambon, One Product" scheme to promote local industry, but no, turns out this market sells exactly the same copies of branded clothes and mass-produced handicrafts as everybody else. At least there's a fairly wide selection to choose from.
- Exclusive Tailor, Bangla Road.
|This page uses the following price ranges for a typical meal for one, including soft drink:|
|Budget||Under 100 baht|
|Splurge||Over 500 baht|
Patong offers an amazingly cosmopolitan array of eating options, including Arabic, French, German, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Scandinavian, and pretty much any country that sends tourists here. Prices are, however, generally inflated (at least by Thai standards). You can expect to pay about 150 baht for basic meals like fried rice unless you really hunt around. Seafood is priced by weight and is not cheap either. If you're looking for a good food court, visit Jungceylon (See Buy).
- 99 Seafood Restaurant, Rat-U-Thit Rd (opposite the Royal Paradise Hotel). An open-air restaurant that has excellent seafood selections. The price is also quite affordable and the place is usually busy at night.
- Red Chilli Restaurant (Andatel Grandé Patong Phuket Hotel), 41/9 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong Beach, (3 minutes walk from patong beach), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00-22:00. International and local food. Shows live TV of football matches on a large TV. Has a pool with poolside bar, free Wifi and travel services desk. 150-450 Baht.
- Ristorante Roma da Mauro, 100/7 Thaweewong Rd, Soi Post Office (Down one of the little streets, but easy to see past McDonalds). Good for imported Italian pasta and pizza, has indoor and outdoor seating.
- The Yorkshire Inn, Soi Sansabai. European and British food, and a Sunday lunch which is repeated on Wednesdays.
- Ali Baba and Ali Baba 2, 2 Ruamchai Rd and 206/17 Rat-U-Thit Rd. These two restaurants have two separate menus for two separate cuisines, namely Indian and Arabic. Both locations offer air-con inside and smoking water pipes outside. Watch out for the 150 baht portions of rice and tomato-heavy curries which may not be everyone's cup of tea. Appetizers 60-100 baht, mains around 200-350 baht.
- Baan Rim Pa, Prabaramee Rd, ☎ . Impressive carved wood décor, fabulous location on the cliff, excellent Thai food.
- Baan Yin Dee Restaurant, 7/5 Muen Ngen Rd, ☎ . Fusion of European and Thai food in a warm and relaxed atmosphere.
- Casablanca Restaurant (ร้านอาหาร คาซาบลังกา), 135/23 Rat-U-Thit Rd, ☎ . Middle Eastern food.
- La Diva (in a dead-end alley off Rat-U-Thit Rd). A bit off the beaten path but you can find it right next to an Austrian, a Belgian, and a Mexican restaurant (go figure) at the bend of the alley. You can easily see it by its colourful neon sign. La Diva itself has a Latin theme and plays Latin pop non-stop. However, the menu is all Thai. Recommended are green curry chicken (geng kiao wan gai) and the king prawns with glass noodles (gung po woon sen).
- Green House and Balcony Restaurant (Bangla Rd). Extensive menu of Thai and Western food, plus pastries and snacks from the in-house bakery. Terrace seating outside and air-con restaurant inside. A bit pricey though, with most everything over 100 baht. 100+ baht.
- Karlsson's Restaurant & Steak House, Soi Patong Tower, 108/16 Taweewong Rd. 15:00-24:00 daily. A good choice for imported steaks and Scandinavian specialities.
- Lim's Restaurant & Bar, Kalim Beach (follow Beach Rd out of Patong, turn right at Soi 7 after Kalim Beach, on your right 500 m into the soi). 18:30-22:30 daily. Aa nice hide-away from the busy streets of Patong, with modern Thai cuisine served. Aalso has an adjacent art gallery.
- The 9th Floor Restaurant & Bar, Sky Inn Condotel, 47 Rat-U-Thit Rd, ☎ +66 76 344311 (after 16:00). An open-air restaurant with a 270 degree view over Patong. A varied menu of Mediterranean and international dishes, a large selection of wines , a humidor with Cuban cigars, and a range of cocktails.
- The Old Fisherman's, Novotel Phuket Resort (At Kalim Beach). 18:30-22:30 daily. This restaurant has Thai and international food. Reasonable prices for a hotel outlet.
- Patong Seafood Restaurant, 130 Thaweewong Rd, ☎ . One of the finest seafood restaurants on Phuket serving local delicacies.
- Sam's Steak House, Holiday Inn Resort, 52 Thaweewong Rd. 18:00-22:15 daily. Sam's serves the finest steaks only from top quality US or Aussie beef, free salad bar with all steak orders. Moderate to high price depending on the kind of food ordered, excellent price/performance. 600-3,000 baht.
- Savoey (เสวย), 136 Thaweewong Rd, ☎ . One of the better seafood restaurants in Patong.
- Spice House, Jungceylon Shopping Centre, Rat-U-Thit Rd. 12:00-22:00 daily. Offers authentic Russian, modern Thai, and traditional Japanese cuisine.
- Madras Cafe Restaurant, 198/1-4, 80-82 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Rd., Patong Beach, Kathu, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 11:00-23:59. Serves south Indian, North Indian food, Indian Vegetarian food, Arabic food and Halal food.
Patong's nightlife spills out in all directions but the centre of the maelstrom is Bangla Rd and its four sois: Crocodile, Eric, Gonzo, and Seadragon, packed with a frenetic mix of pubs, beer bars, and go-go bars. Soi Crocodile is also known as Soi Katoey, a reference to its many transsexuals. There are also a couple of good nightclubs with dance floors, unusual in Thailand otherwise.
Drink prices in Patong can vary, sometimes wildly, between bars, even those right next to each other offering nearly identical atmosphere and patronage. Be on the look-out for drink specials, and do not be afraid to ask for a drink menu if it is not readily available.
- Irish Bar. Nice and less expensive place on Beach Rd, though not with a view of the beach. One of the few places in Patong to sell Guinness. Has a Celtic cross made of (empty) Guinness cans.
- Little Aussie Town Aussie Bar (OTOP Shopping Paradise, Rat-U-Thit Rd). Daily, 12:00-02:00. An outdoor bar. Frequently serves free food. The bar is equipped with a TV showing cable channels. Suitable for all ages and nationalities.
- The Manchester Arms (Opposite Jungceylon Shopping Plaza). It's the best place to watch the sports and they have an occasional live music jam with some of the island's best musicians. They are the only bar in town playing music from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. Reasonable prices and they have Aussie beers and Tetleys Bitter from the UK on draught.
- Molly Malone's. Nice place to sit down and have a decent pint or two. The prices are a bit high, but if you need some good pub food and want to sit back and watch the human traffic plus the great music band, this is a good enough pub.
- Rock City (At the top of Bangla Rd, away from the beach). A palace built to rock music. They promise to "rock your ass off" and they do with excellent rock tribute bands. It's like going to a mini-gig every night. A bit pricey, but well worth it.
- Saxophone (On the beach road). The little brother of Bangkok's most famous live music venue. They have top quality jazz, blues, funk, and soul outfits there each night and the place is very well-designed. Can be hit-or-miss with the bands, but usually very good quality.
- De Tapas Bar, Nanai Rd 91/1, ☎ . 22:00-24:00. Only Spanish restaurant on the island of Phuket, with Spanish chef. Medium prices, high quality. 220 baht.
- Cocktails and Dreams (Near the Tiger complex off Bangla Rd). See a ladyboy cabaret for free! Free admission.
- Simon Cabaret. See the famous ladyboy show at Simon Cabaret. Adult VIP, 800 baht; Adult regular, 700 baht.
- Banana Disco (Thawiwong Rd, 50m S of Bangla Rd). Small, but good DJ. Admission, 300 baht, including 2 drinks.
- D Club (Soi Crocodile, Bangla Rd). Nightclub under joint Thai/Swedish ownership.
- Tai Pan (Soi Crocodile). The daddy of all Patong's discos, the best music and lights and always very busy, at the top of Bangla Rd at the traffic lights.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:|
|Budget||Under 1,000 baht|
|Mid-range||1,000 baht to 2,500 baht|
|Splurge||Over 2,500 baht|
Accommodation is rather expensive during the peak season with simple air-con rooms ranging from 500-1,500 baht; fan rooms start around 300 baht but availability is limited. In the low season, air-con rooms are easily found from around 300 baht and up. You can usually get a better deal for the more expensive rooms by using one of the local travel shops. It pays to haggle with them.
- Anchalee Inn. Basic clean en suite rooms with no windows at south end of beach. About 15 min walk from Bangla Rd. Helpful staff. No joiner fee. 600-2,250 baht.
- Arimana Hotel, 64/1 Nanai Rd (Near Jungceylon and Banzaan Market), ☎ , fax: +66 76 342707, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Well-isolated from noisy traffic of beach road. Easily accessible by car and public transport, no joiner fee, Wi-Fi, cable, and swimming pool.
- Baan Nitra Guesthouse, 47 Nanai Rd (Next to Royal Crown Resort), ☎ . 11 rooms and 2 dorm rooms with 2 bunk beds each (4 people/room), one shower and a big fan. Each bed has a locker. Clean simple, and cheap. 700-1,000 baht.
- Golden Buddha Guesthouse, Soi Nanai 157/9 (Near Mae Ubol and Banzaan Market), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Comfortable rooms, easy bus trip to the beach, no joiner fee, Wi-Fi, cable, food and coffee downstairs. 700-1,100 baht.
- The Grand Orchid Inn-Patong Beach, 78/17-18 Soi Dr Wattana, Beach Rd, ☎ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 50m from Patong Beach and very close to the entertainment of Bangla Rd. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, air-con, minibar, satellite TV, free bottled water, and free beach towel. 600 baht.
- Hollywood Beach Hotel, 10/3 Sawatdirak Rd, ☎ . 28 full air-con units including superior room and deluxe room at economical rates, all have balcony, cable TV, and mini bar. Internet, pool table, and professional massage room.
- Hotel Orchid Residence, 171/22 Soi Sansabai Rd, ☎ . Air-con, TV, DVD, Wi-Fi. 100 m to party district, Bangla Rd. 680-1,880 baht.
- Hotel Swiss Garden, 169/20 Soi Sansabai (100m to Bangla Rd), ☎ , fax: +66 76 345177. Low season 650 baht, high season 1,500 baht.
- Patong Palmview Resort, 135/1 Nanai Rd, ☎ . 20 spacious rooms on the lower slopes of Patong Beach Bay hillside. 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. Hotel swimming pool. 790-1,680 baht.
- Patong Sunbeach Hotel, 207/4 Soi 6 Nanai Rd, ☎ . 16 rooms and 2 big apartments, all of which have balcony, air-con, cable TV, DVD player, and mini bar. Jacuzzi/bath in the tropical garden, Internet kiosk in the bar. Airport transfers. 1,755+ baht.
- Sea Blue Phuket Hostel and Guesthouse, 74/11 Soi Banzaan. (250m behind Jungceylon Mall, near the corner of Banzaan Market and Nanai Rd), ☎ , fax: +66 76 344405, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Private rooms and shared hostel dormitory rooms. Clean, quiet and safe. Free Wi-Fi, lockers, cable TV, friendly, relaxed atmosphere. 150 baht for shared hostel dorm beds, private rooms and family rooms from 450 baht, varies by season.
- SquareOne, 241/34 Rat-U-Thit Rd, ☎ , fax: +66 76 340873, e-mail: email@example.com. Swimming pool, free Wi-Fi. 650-1,800 baht.
- Sunset Mansion, 28-30 Rat-U-Thit Rd, ☎ . Comfortably furnished rooms and apartments. 700-1,000 baht.
- Mirage Express Patong Phuket Hotel (Mirage Patong Phuket HOtel), 184/25-28 Phangmuang Sai Kor Road, Patong Beach, Phuket, 83150 Thailand t (Across Junceylon Shopping Mall), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Opt for the modern and central Mirage Patong, sets across from the famous street of Sansabai. The Mirage is just a minute walk from Junceylon Shopping Mall, the Bangla Boxing Stadium and just a stroll away from the famous Bangla Walking Street. Situtated 45 minutes away from Phuket international airport, we offer excellent choice of quality accommodation at great value. All our rooms are equipped with HD LED TV, free high speed internet service and basic guest amenities. Mirage rooftop features swimming pool, bar and sun lounge. Here guests can enjoy a nice relaxing sun bath while sipping on drinks. The rooftop offers a glimpse of famous Patong beach and most of Bangla Boxing Stadium. ฿999 - 3000.
- The Tavern, 104/37 Thaweewong Rd (End of Soi Post Office, 100m from beach), ☎ , fax: +66 76 344491, e-mail: email@example.com. Rooms above a bar run by a Thai/British couple, close to the beach. Air-con, minibar, hot water. 500+ baht (low season).]
- Add Mansion (แอ๊ด แมนชั่น), 209/25-26 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Rd, ☎ . , 15 rooms. 1,300-1,500 baht.
- Aloha Villa (อโลฮา วิลล่า), 145/2 Rat-U-Thit Rd, ☎ , , +66 76 345742.fax: +66 76 345743. 121 rooms. 1,100-2,500 baht.
- Amici Miei Hotel, Soi Banzaan 74/38, ☎ . Italian owner. Clean & stylish rooms. Only 1 min from the main shopping mall, but that means also at the far end of things away from beaches, so expect a ~20 min walk. Street-side rooms can be noisy. 1,300+ baht.
- Andaman Phuket Hotel, 34/137-144 Prachanukroh Rd (At the S end of Rat-U-Thit and Phangmueang Rd), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Australian-owned and -operated, along with its own dive boat, "The Similan Queen", with a dive office in the hotel lobby. 1200+ baht.
- Andatel Grandé Patong Phuket (Andatel Patong Phuket Hotel), 41/9 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong Beach, Phuket 83150 (3 min walk to the beach), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Located a 3-minute walk to Patong Beach and 7-minuteto Jungceylon shopping centre and Bangla Boxing Stadium. Has a private balcony overlooking 2 swimming pools, and provides free parking on-site. Each room has a 40-inch internet smart TV, a minibar and a safety deposit box. En suite bathroom. Free WiFi ฿1500 - 3400.
- Bamboo Beach Hotel and Spa, 2 Soi Prabaramee 7, Prabaramee Rd., ☎ . 38 rooms in three low-rise buildings surrounded by a tropical garden. Each room has air-con, fully stocked minibar, satellite TV, coffee and tea making facilities, and a safety deposit box.
- The Belle Resort, 104/31-33 Soi Prisanee, Thaweewong Rd, ☎ . Rooms have a modern design, air-con, cable TV and a coffee/tea maker. Internet, swimming pool and massage service. 1,500+ baht.
- C&N Hotel, 151 Rat-U-Thit Rd (On its own soi about 50m from the corner of Bangla Rd), ☎ , , fax: +66 76 341895. 3 storey hotel with friendly management is double-glazed throughout and therefore relatively peaceful at night in spite of its location in the heart of the nightlife action. The hotel has its own massage parlour, restaurant and beauty salon in addition to free overnight parking facilities. Free airport transfer by air-con minibus for bookings of 3 days or more. 1,000+ baht.
- Citrus Heights Patong Hotel by Compass Hospitality (โรงแรม ซิทรัส ไฮท ป่าตอง บาย คอมพาส ฮอสพิทอลิตี้), 160/36 Phang Muang Sai Kor Rd (Walking distance to Patong Beach), ☎ , fax: +66 76 358099, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 77 room hotel with large rooms, quite modern facilities and has private balconies overlooking the mountains. Swimming pool and car park. Close to restaurants and pubs. Rates start from THB 1,528++ per night.
- Club Bamboo Boutique Resort, 247/ 1-8 Nanai Rd, ☎ . , 46 air-con rooms, a bathtub or Jacuzzi, satellite TV, 24 hr in-house movie channel, IDD telephone, Internet and a veranda or balcony. Swimming pool and waterfall, spa and fitness centre, and 24 hr reception.
- Haven Lagoon Apartments, 6/7 Sirirad Rd, ☎ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Apartment for rent near Simon Cabaret and the Life Spa Massage with two swimming pools, 24 hr security, and a fitness centre. Minimum of 7 days stay. 1,200-1,500 baht depending on season for a minimum of 7 days. Deposit: 5,000 baht..
- KN Guesthouse (Off Rat-U-Thit Rd on Soi Jintana, near the Paradise complex), ☎ . Swimming pool and restaurant. Squeaky clean and great hosts. 1,200+ baht..
- Komma Bar & Guesthouse (S end of the main Patong strip, across the road from the beach). Food, warm vibes, and quality rooms. 1,400 baht.
- Mussee Patong Hotel, 34/44 Prachanukrao Rd, ☎ . Superior and deluxe rooms, all equipped with air-con, 32-inch LCD TV and telephone. The Chali Restaurant & bar, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and free Wi-Fi. 1,700+ baht.
- Patong Inn, 128 Taweewong Rd, ☎ . In the middle of everything, just across the road from the beach and steps away from Bangla Road. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable. 2,000 baht including breakfast for 2 people.
- Patong Lodge Hotel, 284/1 Prabaramee Rd, ☎ . On a hill between the end of Patong and Kalim beaches, overlooking the Andaman Sea. Walking distance to the beach, 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. Has the Oceanview Restaurant on-site. 1,000-5,000 baht.
- Patong Paragon Resort & Spa, 280 Prabaramee Rd, ☎ . 7 suites and 114 rooms have modern spacious tropical interiors, large bathrooms and balconies most of which overlook the sea and the beach.
- Phuket Tropical Inn, 147/1 Nanai Rd. Baankanchana 6, ☎ . Small boutique hotel. 12 good size clean rooms on a quiet corner of Nanai Rd.
- Sensive Hill Hotel, 79/67 Moo 6, ☎ . Air-con rooms, bathroom with shower, cable TV, mini-bar, Internet, telephone, radio, hair dryer, safe, and daily breakfast. Restaurant, bar, 2 outdoor swimming pools, fitness room and parking. 1,900+ baht.
- Silver Resortel, 3/37 Sawadirak Rd, ☎ , e-mail: , email@example.com. The rooms are decorated in an Asian and Lanna style. 1,000+ baht.
- Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort (แอ็บโซลูท ซีเพิร์ล บีช รีสอร์ท), 42/1 Thawiwong Rd, ☎ +66 76 341901-10., fax: +66 76 341122. 65 rooms. 4,200+ baht.
- Amari Coral Beach Resort (อมารี คอรัล บีช รีสอร์ท), 2 Mun-Ngoen Rd, ☎ , fax: +66 76 340115. The only resort up on the small hill at the east end of Patong Beach away from the noise of the town. Very peaceful, views, nice staff. 4,113+ baht.
- Andaman Beach Suites (อันดามัน บีช สวีท), 60/12 Rat-U-Thit Rd, ☎ , fax: +66 76 340893. 91 rooms. 2,000-4,500 baht.
- Burasari, 18/110 Ruamjai Rd, ☎ . Boutique resort in a quiet soi on the south side of Patong. 15m from the beach. Swimming pool, deluxe pool access rooms. Floyd's Brasserie on premises. 4,600+ baht.
- Citin Plaza Patong Hotel & Spa Phuket by Compass Hospitality (โรงแรม ซิติน พลาซ่า ป่าตอง แอนด์ สปา ภูเก็ต บาย คอมพาส ฮอสพิทอลิตี้), 34/50-57 Prachanukhro Rd (Walking distance to beach), ☎ , fax: +66 76 358199, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 248 room hotel with 5 rooftop swimming pools, many restaurants & bars serving local and international food. Gym, meeting rooms, and a spa. Rates start from THB 1,144++ per night.
- Deevana Patong Resort & Spa. On 12 acres of tropical gardens. 45 min from airport and a 10 min walk to Patong Beach.
- Diamond Cliff Resort (N end of Patong on the hillside above the town). Views of Kalim Beach. 333 rooms and suites on 20 acres of gardens, all with private balconies. 5,797+ baht.
- Holiday Inn Resort. 15 min from Phuket on its own grounds near Patong Beach. 265-room main wing or 140 studio and villa rooms in the Busakorn wing with 2 swimming pools. 3,700+ baht..
- Horizons Hotel Phuket, , 64/39 Thaweewong Rd, ☎ . 160 rooms in 1-3 storey buildings. All rooms have bathtub/shower, toiletries, cable TV, and air-con.
- Impiana Phuket Cabana. Boutique resort at Patong Beach. Seventy rooms with full services and amenities. 8,800+ baht.
- Novotel Phuket (Next to the Diamond Cliff). Six restaurants including the "Old Fisherman" seafood restaurant. 215 rooms. 3,260+ baht.
- Patong Beach Lodge, 207/21-25, 207/29-31 Rat-U-Thit Rd, ☎ . Swimming pool is a short walk from the rooms. You can chill at the bar or sunbathe at the pool. 2,800 baht.
- Royal Phawadee Village, 3 Sawatdirak Rd, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Thai-style pavilions are placed strategically throughout the resort leaving pleasant open green spaces. 2,500+ baht.
- Thavorn Beach Village & Spa (Nakalay Bay). Beach and sea views. 119 villas and 75 bungalows.
- Villaguna Residence, 118/7, Phrabaramee Rd, ☎ . Deluxe pool villa and beach suites, equipped with 37-inch LCD TV, minibar, and safe. Swimming pool and outdoor sun lounger with bathrobes. 8,000+ baht.