As most of the city is built into a mountainside, it is typically shielded from cold northerly winds and also has an overall southern exposure. This helps warm the area slightly during spring, summer and fall, but particularly in winter. Proximity to the lake results in more moderation relative to Okanagan cities which are farther away from it. Average January high temperatures in Peachland are nearly 1.5 degrees warmer than in Kelowna, while the reverse is true in July.
The city's southern orientation provides protection from winds coming from the north, while encouraging those from the south which blow across the lake directly toward the city and can cause mild lake-effect snow. The steep mountainside on which Peachland is built can enhance this effect somewhat via the action of orographic lift.
Provincial Highway 97 runs through the town. Kelowna is 25 km to the north, and Penticton is 40 km to the south. Peachland is also the eastern terminus of the Coquihalla connector (Hwy 97C), a freeway which runs from Merritt (and Vancouver) to the Okanagan Valley.
By public transit
- BC Transit (Kelowna Regional Transit System), ☏ . Operates bus service in Lake Country, Kelowna, Peachland, and West Kelowna. A route operates multiple times daily between Peachland and West Kelowna.
- Bus 22 operates between Peachland and West Kelowna. Between West Kelowna and Kelowna, take bus route 97, which is a limited stop frequent route.
- BC Transit (South Okanagan-Similkameen Transit System), toll-free: . Offers bus route 70 from Monday to Friday between Penticton and Kelowna (1 hour 20 minutes) with stops in Summerland, Peachland, and West Kelowna. From Penticton, routes are available to Osoyoos and Princeton.
- Current Taxi, ☏ .
- Kelowna Cabs, ☏ , toll-free: .
- Kelowna Eco Taxi, ☏ .
- Peachland Taxi, toll-free: .
- West Cabs, ☏ , toll-free: .
- 1 Hardy Falls Regional Park and 2 Antler's Beach Regional Park across Highway 97 from each other on the western edge of town. Antler's Beach is a rocky beach with swimming and picnic areas. Bring a camera, as Squally point, the reputed home of Ogopogo is across the lake from here. Hardy Falls is a short walk (wheelchair accessible) up the Deep Creek Canyon to a modest waterfall. The creek may be full of salmon in September and October.
- Peachland World of Wheels Car Show. Third Sunday in May, 11AM-4PM. More than 550 cars, trucks, motorcycles and antique boats attended the Peachland World of Wheels Show & Shine. On show day vehicles line up on both sides of Beach Avenue and also set up in Heritage Park and neighbouring Cousins Park.
- The legendary lake monster Ogopogo.
- 3 Hainle Vineyards, 5355 Trepanier Bench Road, ☏ , email@example.com. M-Sa 10AM-5PM, Su 11AM-5PM. The first ice wine maker in North America, operates its organic winery and cookery school in Peachland.
- 1 Zipzone Adventure Park, 5875 Brenda Mines Rd (turn off Highway 97 at the south end of Peachland, onto Princeton Ave.; drive 8 km and it is on the left hand side), toll-free: , EpicFun@ZipZone.ca. Apr 14–May 6: F-Su 10AM–4PM; May 6–Jun 17: M W F-Su 10AM–4PM; Jun 18–Sep 3: daily 9:30AM–5PM; Sep 4–Oct 9: M W F-Su 10AM–4PM. One of the highest ziplines in Canada, and one of the highest in the world. For individual riders, the weight range is 70-275 lb (32-125 kg). A child under 70 lb (32 kg) can ride in tandem with a guide Adults: 2-line tour $71, 4-line tour $91, 6-line tour $111; seniors $10 off each price; age 8-13 $20 off; age 4-7 $30 off.
- 1 Dragonfly and Amber Gallery, #106 4200 Beach Ave, ☏ . W-Su noon-4PM. Jewellery, clothing, accessories.
- 2 On Beach Boutique & Gifts, 5884B Beach Ave, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-4PM, Su noon-4PM. Clothing store.
- 1 Gasthaus On The Lake, 5790 Beach Ave, ☏ . Th-Sa 4-7PM. Pub and German restaurant. Try the veal.
- 2 Dragon Lotus Restaurant, 6595 Hwy 97, ☏ . W-Su 4-8PM. Chinese restaurant.
- 3 Blind Angler Grill, 5899A Beach Ave, ☏ . M,W-F noon-8PM; Sa-Su 9:30AM-8PM. Wraps and burgers $15-16, mains $23-30.
- 4 Bliss Bakery, #101 4200 Beach Ave, ☏ . Daily 7:30AM-4PM. Bakery and coffee shop.
- 1 Peachland Royal Canadian Legion, 4407 2nd St, ☏ . Friendly pub open to the public. Pool tables & darts. Good breakfasts.
- 1 Beach Ave Castle Inn, 3860 Beach Avenue (about 4 km from the centre of Peachland). Adjacent to Okanagan Lake, this Peachland B&B features a balcony with a BBQ and mountain views. Free WiFi is available throughout the property. There is a dining area and a kitchen with a dishwasher, an oven and microwave. A flat-screen TV is provided. Guests have access to a shared bathroom with a bath and shower. From $95.
Other accommodations are available in West Kelowna.
- The nearest hospital is in Kelowna.
|Routes through Peachland|
|Kelowna ← West Kelowna ←||N S||→ Summerland → Penticton|
|Hope via ← Merritt ←||W E||→ ENDS at|