Jump to navigation Jump to search
Penafiel (p(ih)-nuh-fee-EHL, /pɨ.nɐ.fi.ˈɛɫ/) municipality has 69,687 residents (2021 preliminary), with about 18,950 living in the city.
- 1 Loja Interativa de Turismo de Penafiel (Tourist Information Office), Largo Padre Américo 28, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M–F 09:00–12:30 & 14:00–17:30, closed Sa Su.
- 2 Loja do Turismo das Termas de São Vicente (Tourist Information Office), Alameda D. Rosa Branca Archer 129, Termas de São Vicente, ☏ , email@example.com. M–F 09:00–12:30 & 13:30–17:00, closed Sa Su & holidays.
- 1 Estação Ferroviária de Penafiel (Penafiel Railway Station), Avenida Dr. António da Rocha Melo, Novelas. Suburban timetable, Interregional and Regional timetable. Penafiel is served by interregional, regional and suburban trains on the Linha do Douro (Douro Valley line) with connections from Porto, Marco de Canaveses, Peso da Régua, and Pocinho (Vila Nova de Foz Côa).
- Valpi Bus provides regional bus service.
- Rede Expressos offers long distance intercity bus service.
- Penafiel is on the A4 motorway (Autoestrada de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro) from Matosinhos (north of Porto), Amarante, Vila Real, Mirandela, and Bragança.
- The A11 motorway (Autoestrada do Baixo Minho) from Barcelos, Braga, and Guimarães ends in the municipality.
- 1 Anta de Santa Marta (Dólmen da Portela), Portela do Monte, Santa Marta. This Neolithic dolmen was constructed in the 3rd millennium BCE. It's been a national monument since 1910.
- 2 Igreja do Salvador de Cabeça Santa, Largo Padre Carlos Pereira Soares, Cabeça Santa. 12th-century Romanesque church, a national monument since 1927.
- 3 Igreja de São Gens de Boelhe, Largo da Igreja, Boelhe. 13th-century Romanesque church, a national monument since 1927.
- 4 Igreja de São Martinho, Matriz de Penafiel, Rua Direita. The Renaissance mother church of Penafiel has been a national monument since 1910.
- 5 Igreja de São Miguel de Entre-os-Rios, Largo de S. Miguel, Entre-os-Rios, Eja. This Proto-Gothic church has been a national monument since 1927.
- 6 Igreja de São Pedro, Largo Dr. Armando Melo, Abragão. This 12th-century Romanesque church has been a national monument since 1977.
- 7 Memorial da Ermida, Avenida da Ermida, Irivo & Paço de Sousa. This 13th-century funerary monument was declared a national monument in 1910.
- 8 Mosteiro do Salvador de Paço de Sousa, Largo do Mosteiro, Paço de Sousa. This 13th-century monastery has been a national monument since 1910. The building is in Romanesque and Gothic styles.
- 9 Museu de Arte Sacra da Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Penafiel (Sacred Art Museum), Largo da Misericórdia, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. M–Th Sa 14:00–18:00, Su by appointment for groups, closed F.
- 10 Museu Municipal de Penafiel (Penafiel Municipal Museum), Rua do Paço, ☏ , email@example.com. Tu–Su 10:00–18:00, closed M. €2, €1 for students, seniors 65+, disabled, free for all on Su and kids 14 & under.
- 11 Túmulo de São Roque, Avenida de São Roque, adro da Capela de São Roque. Granite sarcophagus of Frei António da Ressurreição, a Franciscan priest who died in an epidemic in 1577. It's been a national monument since 1910.
- 1 Magikland, Rua de Santo André 1279, Marecos, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Mid Jun-mid-Sep; Jul–Aug 10:00–19:00, closes 18:00 or 17:00 in Jun & Sep. Amusement park with several pools and themed areas: Africa, confusion, medieval, pirates, old West, and souk. There are several eateries. Ages 0–4, 76+, or disabled free, 5–12 or 65–75 €12, 13–64 €18, group discounts available.
- 1 Casa Da Viúva - Wine Bar, Rua de Quintandona, ☏ . Tu–Sa 13:00–16:00 & 19:00–23:00, Su 13:00–17:00, closed Su. €25-35.
- 2 Restaurante Rocha, Rua Central de Ribaçais 629, Abragão, ☏ , email@example.com. M 08:00–15:00, Tu–Sa 08:00–22:30, Su 08:00–17:00. Traditional Portuguese cuisine. Mid-range.
- 3 Restaurante Sapo, Rua da Estrada 25, ☏ . Tu–Su 12:00–00:00, closed M. Mid-range.
- 1 Inatel Entre-os-Rios, EN 106, km 39,Torre, Portela, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 12:00. Three-star, 68-room hotel with panoramic river views from the hillside, gym, restaurant, bar, meeting rooms, and Wi-Fi. €35-48.
- 2 Palace Hotel & Spa Termas de São Vicente, Rua Alameda D. Rosa Branca Archer 51, Pinheiro, Termas de São Vicente, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Four-star, 133-room hotel with spa, sauna, Turkish bath, massage, heated indoor pool, gym, restaurant, bar, business centre, conference facilities, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €61-92.
- 3 Penafiel Park Hotel & Spa, Rua Provincia de Pontevedra, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Four-star, 69-room hotel in a forest setting, with indoor and outdoor swimming pools, spa, gym, restaurant, bar, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €53-99.