Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pergine Valdarno is a village 9f 3,1000 people (2017) in Tuscany.
Main access to Pergine Valdarno is the SS69. Has a train station in Montalto and one in Ponticino.
- 1 Sanctuary of Santa Maria della Neve, Castelvecchio a Migliari. The sanctuary has been the seat of Marian worship since the Middle Ages. It is a church on the top of a hill that is a destination for pilgrims and devotees to the image of Mary (the first image dates back to the 15th century, today replaced with an image blessed by Pope John Paul II). On the left wall of the church there is a picture with photos of the faces of the 281 young people from the neighboring parishes who in 1942 were called to arms and with that gesture asked for the grace and protection of the Madonna of Migliari.
- 2 Church of San Michele. The current parish church is mentioned in 1056 and again in the fourteenth century, but it was radically remodelled in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. With a single apsidal nave, it has a barrel vault with nineteenth-century fresco decorations; leaning against the left of the apse rises the bell tower with four lights with a terminal spire in terracotta. Inside, in the chapel on the left, there is a seventeenth - century devotional canvas depicting the Madonna in glory between San Michele Arcangelo and San Giuseppe; the altarthe largest is the reuse, as a base, of a wooden pulpit of the sixteenth century.