As for most places of Germany, Plön is connected to an extensive network.
If you are traveling by car, you should head towards Kiel or Neumünster (from the north / Denmark) and follow the federal road B76 (from Kiel to Lübeck) or B430 (from Neumünster to Plön). From the south, head for Hamburg and continue to Lübeck, than just follow the B76 towards Kiel.
There are several daily connection from Kiel, Lübeck and Neumünster as well as many regional villages and cities. The operator is Verkehrsbetriebe Kreis Plön (VKP) or Autokraft.
Additionally, it is possible to use the bike. However, it is advisable to stay of the federal roads (Bundesstraße), "B" and use smaller alternatives or bike tramps (Fahrradwege)
Plön is famous for its lakes, which essentially surround the city.
- 1 Johanneskirche, Hamburger Str. 1, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Old and charming little church is worth a visit.
- 2 Parnaßturm. Tower, which offers a scenic view of the city with its surrounding landscape and lakes.
- 3 Witwenpalais (Widow's Palace).
- 4 Schloss Plön (castle), Schloßgebiet, ☏ . One of the largest castles in Schleswig-Holstein.
- 5 Prinzenhaus (Princes' House), Schloßgebiet 10, ☏ , email@example.com.
- 6 Nikolaikirche, Markt 25, ☏ .
Hiking, Sailing, Canoeing ...
- 1 Prince's Island. Is a scenic day walk; actually a peninsula.
- Trammersee (to the cities north). Through the 2h walk, you will pass through small villages, forests and scenic landscapes.
- 1 Eisenpfanne, Lange Str. 47, ☏ . M-Su 11ː00-22ː30. Steak-n-potatoes/pizza restaurant in the middle of the old town.
- 2 Altes Fährhaus, Eutiner Str. 4, ☏ . Is both a restaurant and a hotel on the shore of the largest lake.
- 3 Dat Waffelhuus, Lange Str. 42, ☏ . M-Sa 11ː00-17ː00, Su noon-17ː00. Offer fresh waffles that can be customized according to your wishes.