Ponnani is ancient town on the mouth of river Bharathappuzha which was referred to as Tyndis of the Roman accounts. Ponnani is a fishing port. It is a Muslim cultural centre and there are about 50 masjidhs here. During old times, Ponnani was a Muslim pilgrim centre and people even used to call it 'the small Mecca'.
Buses charge only ₹7 for three km.
Autorikshaws charge ₹15 per km.
A/c taxis can be hired for ₹1,000 per day.
- Padincharekkara (Jhankar boat service). Available from 7 am to 7 pm. The Jhankar Boat is big enough for 50 passengers and 12 cars.
- Biyyam Kayal. Beautiful hanging brindge. Venue of annual boat race.
- Fishing Harbour, Ponnani.
- Jankar ride to Tirur, Ponnani ferry.
- Light House, Southern side.
- M.E.S.College, Ponnani. Scenic campus
- Ponnani Juma Masjidh. Built in 925 Hijra calendar. William Logan, the famous historian mentions this mosque in his Malabar Manuel.
- Saraswathy Temple, Thrikkavu.
- Bomaby Restaurant, Ponnani.
- Jinnen Tourist Home, Veliyancode, ☏ .
- Nila Residency, Thirunnavaya, ☏ .