Port Alberni is a city in British Columbia. It is located at the base of Mount Arrowsmith and is practically surrounded by mountains.
The city of Port Alberni is about an hour's drive west of Nanaimo on Highway 4. Those who do not have vehicles can use Tofino Bus to get to the community from Victoria, Nanaimo, and Vancouver. An airport exists about 20 minutes from the city. However there is no regular year-round service because fog is so prevalent in the winter and it is not certified for instrument landings. Chartered float planes can land in the harbour, and Pacific Seaplanes will soon be providing flights to and from Vancouver daily.
You can see the Salmon Festival on Labour Day which Port Alberni is really famous for the fish. The Salmon Festival is available about 3 to 4 days. The Thunder in the Valley is famous too for the old cars and dirt races which is available in the summer. Come and see the Fall Fair in September also the Toy Run.
- Port Alberni Calendar of Events (festivals, concerts, sporting events).
- Hiking. Hike one of the many trails around the town and in the mountains.
Walmart Super Centre. Come and buy almost where everything is included. No Frills. Come to a great saving on groceries store and more! Safeway. Come here and buy stuff the safe way.
- Granny's Chicken and Grill. Do you like to have something tasty for a change? Have the heaviest pizzas in town and much more! Everything from American to Mexican to East Indian! They also have delivery!
Call: 250-723-6111/250-720-5167 or 5165 Located: 3675 3rd Ave.
- Beijing Grand Restaurant. Have Chinese food to feel like you're in China which over here is a complete Chinese cuisine!
Call: 250-723-8928 Located: 3274 3rd Ave.
- 1 Best Western Plus Barclay Hotel, 4277 Stamp Ave, ☎ . fitness facility, steam bath, hot tub, heated pool, King Suite, Honeymoon Suite.
|Routes through Port Alberni|
|Tofino ← Ucluelet ←||W E||→ Coombs → Parksville-Qualicum Beach / (Nanaimo via )|