Portaria (Greek: Πορταριά), Stagiates (Greek: Σταγιάτες) and Katichori (Greek: Κατηχώρι), are NE of Volos, Magnesia, Greece. Since these villages are close to each other, they are considered as a single travel destination
It's on the way to Eastern Pelion.
Katichori and Stagiates are connected by Volos urban bus line no 4 (Ano Volos). Timetables over here: Νο 4 Katichori, Stagiates (Κατηχώρι, Σταγιάτες).
- Portaria to Chania (East of Porteria), 8 km, 2 hr.
- Chania to Portaria, alternative route 7 km, 1 hr 30 min.
- Porteria to Makrinitsa (North West of Porteria) via Stagiates, 3.5 km, 2 hr 40 min.
- Porteria to Drakia, (South East of Porteria) 7.3 km, 3 hr 20 min.
- Porteria to Alle Merla (South West of Porteria) via Katichori, 3.5 km, 1 hr 30 min.
- Round of Porteria (Kentavros Path), from Central Square Melina Mercouri to Chrysoula Zogia Square, then turn right on Kentavros Path North East up to Mana Spring, then South East up to Agios Nikolaos Church near the road to Chania, further un to Aghia Marina Church near the road to Volos, turn right follow the road towards Portaria and turn right again in order to reach the village.
- 1 Kritsas, Main Square, Portaria, ☏ . Great food in a pleasant location under the trees in the main square. Mostly 'mountain food' rather than sea food. Make sure you try the oven-roasted lamb wrapped in greaseproof paper. €8-20 for a main.
The tap water is drinkable and restaurants will serve glasses of ice water upon request. Local drinks include Mythos (beer) and Ouzo.
- Hotel Ilianna, Portaria (37011 Portaria), ☏ . At the traditional village Portaria in the outstanding surroundings of Mount Pelion, Hotel Ilianna has been built with lots of passion and personal attention and is set in perfect harmony with the natural environment. Rooms with and without fireplace.
- [dead link] Guesthouse Faidriades, Portaria (37011 Portaria), ☏ . Traditional guesthouse Faidriades is a family-runned business and has a long history of welcoming visitors of Portaria. 5 comfortable rooms in harmony with the traditional environment.