- the A4229 road links the town to junction 37 of the M4
- First Cymru X2 service runs every half an hour to Cardiff via Bridgend and Cowbridge.
- Bridgend is the nearest mainline station.
- 1 Kenfig National Nature Reserve, Ton Kenfig, ☏ .
Porthcawl is a traditional holiday resort and in its heyday its beaches were very popular with holiday makers from the nearby south Wales valleys. Beaches include:
- Trecco Bay, A large sandy and rocky beach stretching eastwards from Porthcawl
- Rest Bay
- Coney Beach
- Coney Beach features a traditional fairground complete with amusement arcades.
- 1 The Grand Pavilion. A theatre/auditorium in Porthcawl showing various shows, comedy, musical performances etc. all year round. You can book tickets online at the Grand Pavilion website.
- Race Hire, Stormy Down, Pyle, ☏ .
- Nationwide Paintball, Kenfig, Porthcawl, Port Talbot, CF33 4PU, ☏ .
Portcawl has some excellent golf courses:
- 2 Grove Golf Club, South Cornelly, Nr Nottage, ☏ . Opened in 1996. Has stunning views over the Bristol Channel. Parkland course. 18 holes. 6128 yard, 18 hole, par 70 course
- 3 Royal Porthcawl Golf Club, Rest Bay, ☏ . Probably the most significant and famous golf course in the area, located on the outskirts of Porthcawl. Hosting the Senior's Ryder Cup in 2010. Links course. 18 holes, 6870 yard, par 72 links course beside the sea with a panoramic view of Swansea Bay
- 4 Pyle and Kenfig Golf Club, Waun-y-Mer, Kenfig, ☏ . Located close by to the Royal Porthcawl. It's one of the best respected courses in the area. Links/Downland course. 18 hole, par 71, 6728 yard links course.
- Porthcawl Elvis Festival. An annual festival (usually in late September) dedicated to Elvis Presley that takes place in nearby Porthcawl and has grown steadily year by year. Elvis tribute acts from all over the World come to perform for fans in official and unofficial events
- Stormy Down Market, Stormy Down near Pyle. Market and car boot sale held every Sunday.
Being a classic British seaside resort, Porthcawl has many classic British fish & chip shops.
- Beale's Park Fish Restaurant, 2-3 Eastern Promenade.
- Ristorante Rava, 29 Mary St, ☏ . Italian
- Trecco Bay Holiday Park, Porthcawl, Mid Glamorgan, South Wales, CF36 5NG, ☏ . One of the largest holiday parks in the UK. It offers a variety of fixed lodges as well as sites for camping and caravans.
- 1 Seabank Hotel.