Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cowbridge (Welsh: Y Bont-faen) is a market town in Glamorgan.
The surround area, part of the Vale of Glamorgan includes many small villages and settlements including Peterston-Super-Ely, Bonvilston and Hensol.
A few miles south of the M4, on the A48 between Cardiff and Bridgend.
The closest rail stations are Pencoed and Llantwit Major.
- 1 Cowbridge Town Hall. Dating back as far as the Elizabethan era, served as a prison until 1830
- 2 Cowbridge Physic Garden. Herbal garden created in 2004 with high stone walls, parts of which date to the 13th century.
- 3 St Quintins Castle.
- 4 Beaupre Castle (Hen Gastell y Bewpyr). Late 13th century building with Tudor additions that make it appear more manor than castle. It is in village of St. Hilary, which lies just south of the A48, a few miles west of Cardiff.
- 1 Llanerch Vineyard, Hensol Rd, ☏ +44 1443 222716. Wine producer (and seller), rooms and restaurant
- Farmers Market is in Arthur John's car park off North Rd every Saturday.
- 1 The Penny Farthing Cafe & wine bar, 54 High Street, ☏ +44 1446 774999.
- 2 The Market Place Restaurant, 66 High St.
- 3 Aubrey Arms, Swansea Road, Bonvilston (A48), ☏ +44 1446 781210. Gastro Pub
- Edmondes Arms, Pub. The High Street
- The Vale of Glamorgan. Pub. The High Street
- Horse & Groom. Pub. The High Street
- Duke of Wellington. Pub. The High Street
- Sportsmans Rest, Peterston-Super-Ely. Country pub
- The Three Horseshoes, Peterston-Super-Ely. Country Pub
- The Red Lion, Bonvilston.
- The Old Post, A48, Bonvilston.
- 1 Bear Hotel, 63 High St, ☏ +44 1446 774814.
- 2 The Vale Resort (Vale of Glamorgan Hotel), Hensol Park (near Hensol), ☏ +44 1443 667 800. Luxury hotel in the rural vale close to the M4 (2 minutes away). £££.
|Routes through Cowbridge|
|Bridgend ←||W E||→ Cardiff|