Price is a mid-sized town (pop. 9,000) in Northeastern Utah. To the south and east lie the terrifically remote expanses of desert of the San Rafael Swell and Colorado Plateau. Nearby are a few areas of interest.
Drive southeast from Spanish Fork through Spanish Fork Canyon, over Soldiers Summit, and through Price Canyon, and also coming northwest from an I-70/Hwy 6 junction near Green River all on Highway 6. It can be accessed from I-70 through Emery County on Highway 10 from the south. There is also an Amtrak station in Helper, which is a city just north of Price.
Driving, and walking are almost the only ways to go in Price. Due to its size, nearly everything in the city is available to you within walking distance, but some features of the area are best driven to.
To the northeast Nine Mile Canyon features some of the best ancient rock art in the state. Further east the Green River carves canyons through the desert offering some whitewater rafting opportunities. South lies the northern portion of the San Rafael Swell with some wonderful scenic drives and backcountry hiking opportunities for the adventurous. To the west are the forested highlands of the Wasatch Plateau offering some pleasant scenic drives, hiking and mountain biking opportunities in a cool alpine setting. Price and surrounding areas was once the playground of the dinosaurs. Today it's a playground for dinosaur enthusiasts! Only here will you see the actual dinosaurs in the area where they were found. Plus, area museums have new species that are not on exhibit anywhere else in the world.
- 1 Utah State University Eastern Prehistoric Museum, 155 East Main, ☏ .
- Carbon County Club Golf Course, ☏ . The granddaddy of Castle Country's golf courses. Natural sandstone bluffs and shale cliffs surround an 18-hole championship golf course. The Price River runs through the front nine holes. The back nine features a waterfall and hidden Indian rock art above the 18th fairway. The Carbon Country Club greens are very well maintained. A pro shop with a snack bar and a fine restaurant make the golfing experience complete.
- 2 Green River State Park Golf Course, ☏ . Open year round, located in heart of Green River City, Utah. Within the beautiful Green River State Park, this nine-hole course winds through the cottonwood trees and a long the Green River. The professionally designed sand traps, water hazards and well-defined fairways mingle beautifully with natural splendor of the desert landscape.
- River Trips
- Horseback Riding
- Climbing or Canyoneering
- Cross Country Skiing
Price is an ethnically diverse area for dining offering Greek, Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Dutch Oven dinners, steak houses and many other venues in addition to a brewery where they serve a variety of specialty beers as well as great food! A nice choice of fast food restaurants is also available.
- Best Western Carriage House Inn, 590 E Main St, ☏ , fax: .
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 838 Westwood Blvd, ☏ .
- Greenwell Inn, 655 East Main St, ☏ , fax: .
- National 9 Inn, 641 Price River Dr, ☏ , fax: .
- Super 8 Motel, 180 North Hospital Dr, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Price|
|Spanish Fork/Vernal ← Helper ←||W/N E/S||→ Green River → Grand Junction/Moab|