Magellan's expedition stayed here during the Austral winter of 1520. Also Francis Drake's expedition and the Beagle expedition stayed here. The town doesn't offer much to do and see besides the replica of one the Magellan's ships and a boat tour to a penguin rookery. However, it is a good candidate for a day/half-day stop when travelling by car on Ruta 3.
Puerto San Julián is on National Route 3 going down the coast, and about 2,250 km from Buenos Aires. The best ways to get in are by car or by bus (e.g. 36 hr from Buenos Aires, 5 hr from Rio Gallegos). There are no passenger airports nearby.
- 1 Replica of Victoria. Replica of the only ship in Magellan's fleet that completed the circumnavigation. Can be closed due to strong wind.
- Plazoleta Heroes de Malvinas. An Argentinian Air Force jet fighter just a few steps away from Victoria. Free.
- Pinocho Excursiones, Costanera y Mitre, Z9310. Boat tours to a penguin rookery. Contact them in advance. Tours can be cancelled due to strong winds.
- YPF. Credit cards are accepted.
- Naos. Steaks and fish dishes. Credit cards are accepted. Opens a bit late (20:30).
- Hosteria La Casa De Ketty (La Casa De Ketty), Av. Cmte. Luis Piedrabuena 596, ☏ . Nice guesthouse with basic amenities and breakfast. Wi-Fi connection is sometimes unstable. Parking available just outside the building. €37 for a double room (as of February 2019).
WiFi is available wherever people shop, dine and sleep.