Rio Gallegos (Río Gallegos) is a town in southern Argentina. There may not be much to see in town but it can be a base for exploring the wider area. The town serves as the provincial capital.
- Museo de Arte "Eduardo Minnicelli": Small art museum with free admission.
- 1 Pioneer Museum (Museo de los Pioneros). Open weekdays 10 am to 7:30 pm.. The city's oldest standing house furnished with items from the late 19th and early 20th century. Free admission.
- Casa de Familia Elcira Cantreras, Zuccarrino 431, 02966-429856. Offers cheap dormrooms. Only a 15-minute walk from the bus terminal.
- There is a penguin reserve about 2 hours south that is right on the Strait of Magellan.
- The glacier Perito Moreno is the only glacier in the world that is still advancing, and is 4 hours or so to the west, close to the village of El Calafate. It is a treat to see chunks of ice the size of a ten-story building falling into the blue depths of Lake Brazo Norte.