Perhaps uniquely in the world, Punta Mita has various businesses operating on two different time zones, due to its proximity to the state line (where you cross the river before Nuevo Vallarta) between two of Mexico's time zones: Zona Centro towards East, and Zona Pacífico towards West:
- Jalisco Time = Puerto Vallarta time = Central Time
- Nayarit time = Mountain Time
Most touristy places between Puerto Vallarta and Punta Mita operate on Central Time. In Punta Mita, the restaurants on El Anclote beach are on Central time. However, non-touristy businesses (small stores) are on Mountain time. If in doubt, ask if it's "Tiempo de Jalisco" or "Tiempo de Nayarit?".
A fairly simple way of getting to Punta Mita is to fly in to nearby Puerto Vallarta and rent a car. The drive to Punta Mita takes about an hour. If staying at one of the condos, food can be purchased at some of the large supermarkets along the highway.
- [dead link] Punta Mita Villas. Punta Mita Villas offers a lovely 3 bedroom villa for rent
- Hotel La Quinta Del Sol, Calle Hidalgo 162, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 1PM. This boutique beach hotel with ocean views of Banderas Bay has seven studio-style rooms with kitchens and patio balconies. US$90.
- 1 The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Lote H-4, Carretera Federal 200, km 19.5, ☏ . Check-in: 3 PM, check-out: 12 PM.
- Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Mexico.