There is regular bus service to Quimbaya from surrounding towns like Montenegro and Armenia. A one way bus fare from Armenia to Quimbaya is COP$2,400. A one way fare from Montenegro to Quimbaya is COP$1,200. The buses run 5:30AM-10PM.
It is easy and safe to take a taxi between towns. A fare between Quimbaya and Montenegro will cost between COP$12,000 and COP$20,000 depending on whether you know the taxi driver, the time of night, and if your destination is far from the center of town.
Within town it is very easy to walk everywhere.
- Parque Nacional del Cafe
- Visit a nearby Finca
- Salento and Valle de Cocora
- Granja de Mama Lulu, a sustainable farm 2km from town.
Artesania On the main square in Quimbaya there is an Artesania mall with a variety of stalls. Several artisans have their workshops there and you can order custom made shoes, sandals and leather work.
Coffee Several coffee shops in town sell their own roasts. Aborigen on the main plaza or La Casa del Cafe on 6th Street.
Grocery Store There are several medium sized grocery stores in town where you can buy everyday items.
- Street vendors sell arepas, plantains, empanadas, fruit, etc.
- There are several restaurants around town: typical Colombian food, pizza, Chinese
The main square is lined with coffee shops, bars and juice bars.
- Hotel Karlaka, Km 3 via al valle (Ask a taxi driver), ☏ . This resort is in the most gorgeous place. The owners make you feel as you are one of the members of their family. Great amenities, the most beautiful views from the rooms. You can choose different rooms. They have cabins on the air, regular cabins on the ground, suites or regular tower rooms. Beautiful landscaped golf course, stunning horses, friendly employees, great disco, the food is delicious at the restaurants, beautiful grounds. As Colombians say "Este hotel es 1A". COP$100,000.
- Police (policia) 123
- Bomberos (firestation) 119
- Cruz Roja (red cross) 132
- Clinica Central Del Quindio 7465744
- Hospital San Juan de Dios 7493500
- Medicina Familiar del Centro 7521521, CRA 8 No 16-06, Quimbaya. Dr. Alberto Betancourth Damelines
There are many internet cafes all over town. Some have cables you can plug into your laptop. The average price per hour is COP$800.