Quonset Point is a small peninsula in Narragansett Bay in the U.S. state of Rhode Island. It is located in the town of North Kingstown. "Quonset" is a Native American word likely meaning "small long place". Quonset Point is boarded on the north by the green river, with Goddard Park (Warwick) on the other side. It is bordered on the south by Wickford and Wickford Harbor. To the west Quonset is bordered by route 1 Quonset gained notoriety in 1939 when the Navy purchased property there to build the Davisville base which was the home of the US Navy SeaBees. Quonset also is home to an airport, a shipping port, a submarine manufacture, and two golf courses.
- From the highway, you can get to North Kingstown from Route 4 South, exit 7 will put you on route 403 the newly developed superhighway to Quonset’s economic return.
- From Newport or Jamestown Bridge, drive off of the Jamestown Bridge and take the second exit to the right, route 4 and follow the directions above
- Quonset State Airport, +1 401-294-4504, located in North Kingstown. No commercial flights
- T.F. Green Airport, +1 401-294-4504, Rhode Island’s main airport 30 minutes from Quonset
- Kingston Train station,+1 800-872-7245. Serves Amtrak trains and located next to the University of Rhode Island. 25 minutes from Quonset.
- Wickford Junction Train Station,+1 401-294-0020. 1051 Ten Rod Rd # 5 North Kingstown, RI 02852. Rates to T.F. Green Airport $2.25 and Providence $2.50. July 1 T.F. Green $3.00 and Providence $3.25 each way. Wickford Junction to Boston $9 one way, $11 starting in July. Half price for seniors and people with disabilities. Free for children with paying adult.
- R.I.P.T.A. Rhode Island Transportation Authority, +1 800-221-3797
- Allen Harbor Marina is able to accommodate small watercraft
- Vineyard Fast Ferry, +1 401-295-4040, 
- Quonset Bike Path, 
- General Dynamics Electric Boat, 165 Dillabur Avenue, ☎ . A manufacture of submarines. Don’t take pictures or you may find yourself being escorted into a windowless room
- Quonset Air Museum, 488 Eccleston Ave, ☎ . An impressive collection of Rhode Island aviation history
- North Kingstown Golf Course, 615 Callahan Road, ☎ . This par 70 golf course offers a challenge to beginners and experienced veterans alike.
- Quidnessett Country Club, 950 North Quidnessett Road, ☎ . This private club offers beautiful views of the bay.