Rødby is a small town on Lolland, that is mainly known for its harbour Rødbyhavn, from where ferries go to Puttgarden in Germany, one of the most heavily trafficked ferry routes in Europe, with large ferries departing every 30 minutes nearly round the clock.
From 2021 and some years the trains are cancelled due to the rebuilding for the Fehmarn tunnel. You can go to Maribo by train through Nykøbing Falser and then bus. Unless also closed for rebuilding, then you have to change to bus earlier. Search at https://www.rejseplanen.dk
Rødby is the first exit after/before the Rødbyhavn harbour on the E47-motorway that leads to/from Copenhagen. The car ferries in Rødbyhavn goes to Puttgarden in Germany with a southbound connection to Autobahn 1.
- 1 Rødby-Puttgarden ferry (Scandlines), Færgestationsvej 5, ☏ . Nearly every 30 minutes around the clock, the trip takes 45 minutes and there are restaurant, cafeterias and shops available on board. A regular online purchased car economy one-way fare begins at €80 (off-season), €97 (peak season); paying at the harbour ticket office is an extra €10. (Timetable and tariffs 2019 [dead link]). Smile Economy tickets begins at €32 and are for bonuscard members (needs registration and must be booked well in advance).
- Amber Museum (Jack Stone), Østergade 5C, ☏ . M-F (except W) 10-12 & 14-17,Sa 9-12.
- Café Langelinie, Vestre Kaj 64, ☏ . Mar-Oct M-F 12-20. Sandwiches and other café fare, and ice creams for waiting out the ferry
- [dead link] Danhotel, Havnegade 2, ☏ .
- Hotel E4, Maribo Landevej 4, ☏ . Doubles from 675 DKK incl breakfast buffet.
- 1 Hotel Stop'n Sleep, Færgestationsvej 4, 4970 Rødby (from south when exiting Rødby Ferry port, hold to the right and enter exit-road just before the Statiol gas station; from north take exit 50 and turn left. After 300 meters turn right and you will see the hotel), ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Newly refurbished rooms in a friendly Scandinavian design, all rooms have own bathroom, TV and free internet access. Check-in is possible 24 hours a day through the self-service check-in system. If you have booked bring booking-number and credit card in order to get a keycard. If prepaid no charges on credit card will be made. A nice Danish breakfast table can be bought for a small fee. Singles from 299 DKK if booked 60 days in advance.
|Routes through Rødby|
|Copenhagen ← Maribo ←||N S||→ Fehmarn → Lübeck|