Rødby is a small town on Lolland, that is mainly known for it's harbour Rødbyhavn, from where ferries go to Puttgarden in Germany, one of the most heavily trafficked ferry routes in Europe, with large ferries departing every 30 minutes nearly round the clock.
Trains do the 2-2,5 hour trip between Rødby and Copenhagen approximately every 2 hours most of the day, many of them are EuroCity trains also connecting to Hamburg in Germany. If you land in the middle of hiatus, you can take bus 23 to Maribo and change to a train there, though that adds nearly an hours transportation time.
Rødby is the first exit after/before the Rødbyhavn harbour on the E47-motorway that leads to/from Copenhagen. The car ferries in Rødbyhavn goes to Puttgarden in Germany with a southbound connection to Autobahn 1.
- 1 Rødby-Puttgarden ferry (Scandlines), Færgestationsvej 5, ☏ . Nearly every 30 minutes around the clock, the trip takes 45 minutes and there are restaurant, cafeterias and shops available on board. A regular online purchased car economy one-way fare begins at €80 (off-season), €97 (peak season); paying at the harbour ticket office is an extra €10. (Timetable and tariffs 2019). Smile Economy tickets begins at €32 and are for bonuscard members (needs registration and must be booked well in advance).
- Amber Museum (Jack Stone), Østergade 5C, ☏ . M-F (except W) 10-12 & 14-17,Sa 9-12.
- Café Langelinie, Vestre Kaj 64, ☏ . Mar-Oct M-F 12-20. Sandwiches and other café fare, and ice creams for waiting out the ferry
- Danhotel, Havnegade 2, ☏ .
- Hotel E4, Maribo Landevej 4, ☏ . Doubles from 675 DKK incl breakfast buffet.
- 1 Hotel Stop'n Sleep, Færgestationsvej 4, 4970 Rødby (from south when exiting Rødby Ferry port, hold to the right and enter exit-road just before the Statiol gas station; from north take exit 50 and turn left. After 300 meters turn right and you will see the hotel), ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Newly refurbished rooms in a friendly Scandinavian design, all rooms have own bathroom, TV and free internet access. Check-in is possible 24 hours a day through the self-service check-in system. If you have booked bring booking-number and credit card in order to get a keycard. If prepaid no charges on credit card will be made. A nice Danish breakfast table can be bought for a small fee. Singles from 299 DKK if booked 60 days in advance.
|Routes through Rødby|
|Copenhagen ← Maribo ←||N S||→ Fehmarn → Lübeck|