North America > United States of America > Midwest > Wisconsin > Southeast Wisconsin > Racine CountyJump to navigation Jump to search
- I-94 is the main artery into Racine County if arriving from the north or the south.
- North-west entry can be had by WI-83 towards Waterford.
- Western routes include WI-20 from East Troy into Waterford and WI-11 (which changes into WI-83) passing through south Burlington (Wisconsin),
- From Union Station in Chicago, the Metra stops in Sturtevant.
- Both the Intermodal Station and the General Mitchell International Airport station in Milwaukee make stops at the Sturtevant train station.
- Bike Trails. There are several bike trails of varying lengths and difficulties that cross through and around Racine County. These trails are often tree lined, with a packed earth or gravel surface. Some go through woodlands, prairie and wetland, so it is a fantastic way to see the variety of landscapes the county has to offer. Check the county's official website for a full list, with directions to and maps of, the bike trails.
- 1 Apple Holler, 5006 South Sylvania Ave, ☏ . Monday through Thursday 8AM to 3PM. Friday 8AM to 8PM. Saturday 8AM to 7 PM. Sunday 8AM to 4PM. Hours change during harvest and holiday seasons. An apple orchard open to the public. There is a restaurant, petting zoo, maze, and gift shop. When in season, you can pick apples, take a hay ride, or find your way out of the corn maze. Very busy in the fall and two weeks leading up to Christmas.
- 2 Swan's Pumpkin Farm, 5930 Highway H, ☏ . Grows pumpkins and watermelons you can pick. Most of the festivities occur in the fall. During harvest season it has a maze and haunted house, tractor draw hay rides, a petting zoo, pedal cart racing and pumpkin carving area. Sells fall treats to eat.