Randolph's population has a population of 25,000 people (2019) that is half rural and half suburban. Randolph Township is approximately 22 square miles. There are five main sections in Randolph: Center Grove, Fernbrook, Ironia, Mount Freedom, and Shongum.
Traveling by car is generally the best way to get into Randolph.
From New York City and points east: Take the Lincoln Tunnel (no toll leaving NYC) via 495 to Route 3 West. Take Route 3 for 10 Miles until it merges with US Highway 46 West. Take 46 for 4 miles to Interstate 80 West for 11 miles and follow signs for I-287 South. Take 287 South for 3 miles and exit onto Route 10 West. Take Route 10 West for 7 miles. This will take you to Route 10 & Millbrook Road, the East/West center of Randolph.
From Pennsylvania and points west: Take Interstate 80 East over the Delaware Water Gap (toll). Continue on 80 East for approximately 30 miles. Exit onto Route 46. Proceed on Route 46 about 1 mile. Bear right onto Route 10 East. Take Route 10 East for 6 Miles. This will take you to Route 10 & Millbrook Road, the East/West center of Randolph.
From Delaware and points south: Take the NJ Turnpike North approximately 87 miles to Exit 10 (Edison Twp). Take Route 287 North for 34 miles. Take Exit 39 (Dover) onto Route 10 West for 8 miles. This will take you to Route 10 & Millbrook Road, the East/West center of Randolph.
There is an airport in Morristown, a neighboring town. However, Morristown airport services private jets only. The closest mainstream airport is Newark airport, from there you can catch a cab to Randolph.
The primary way to get around is by car. In order to get to many of the places in town, you must cross major roads. Many other forms of transportation would be unsafe and useless.
Walking is not recommended; most of the main streets do not have sidewalks. However, many do have bike lanes. In the early spring and summer a lot of people chose to get around by biking.
- County College of Morris planetarium, 214 Center Grove Rd., ☏ . A fun place for the whole family that is open all year round.
- Randolph Historical Society Museum, 630 Millbrook Avenue, ☏ . The Randolph Museum is open Sundays, from 1PM to 4PM, April through November. $1.00.
- Brundage Park, Carrell Road, between Center Grove and Millbrook. The park has a full jungle-gym, 4 softball fields, tennis courts, and lots of walking paths. It is a great place to visit on any nice day.
- Freedom Park, Millbrook Avenue. Many of the high school's sporting events are help here. It is walking distance from both the Middle and high school.
- Sun High Orchards, 19 Canfield Avenue, ☏ . They hold birthday parties and offer farm tours. They have Apple picking, homemade ice cream and animals to pet and feed.
- Brundage Park Playhouse, 502 Millbrook Ave., ☏ . At this playhouse there are: shows, fundraisers, summer camps, classes, and volunteer opportunities.
- SportsCare Arena, 16 Aspen Drive, ☏ . SportsCare Arena has open ice skate times that vary by season and hold many types of skating classes. They also have a pro hockey shop!
- Randolph Driving Range, 1594 State Route 10, ☏ .
- Mt Freedom Golf, 1275 Sussex Turnpike, ☏ . Mt Freedom golf is one of the greatest places to visit in Randolph. There is a little something for everyone.
- A driving range (Open 7 days a week, 7AM till 10PM (weather permitting) ).
- A mini golf course: ($6.00 per person,Children under age 12 $5.00 per person). The mini-golf course has a safari theme and even has two waterfalls.
- Batting Cages: Open M-F 3PM until 10PM, Sa Su holidays and school vacations noon until dark.
- BB Grill Restaurant: Open 7 days a week, 6:30AM till 10PM for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Mt Freedom golf has occasional laser light mini golf nights.
- Spa 10, 81 State Route 10 East, ☏ . Open 7 days a week from 10AM to 11PM.
- Salon Utopia & Spa, 246 Route 10 West, ☏ .
- Soccer Evolution, 500 Rt. 10 West. M-F noon - 6PM.
- Nagel's Candy Barn, 358 State Route 1, ☏ . This old fashioned candy shop has the best chocolate around. They make homemade chocolate with molds for every occasion.
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 375 State Route 10, ☏ .
- Party City, 477 State Route 10 Ste 102, ☏ .
- Runner's Haven, 477 State Route 10, ☏ . A great place to get all you jogging apparel accessories!
- Le Peep, 477 State Route 10, ☏ . The best breakfast in town!
- Alfa Bagel, 587 State Route 10 Randolph, ☏ . Best bagels around. Expect a crowd 6-8AM.
- Bagel Express & Catering At Randolph, 486 State Route 10, ☏ . They serve breakfast all day and cater for every occasion.
- Jersey Boy Bagels, 1594 Rte 10 & Sussex Tpk, ☏ .
- Forte, 486 Rt 10 West, ☏ . Very good prices and delicious food!
- La Strada Restaurant, 1105 State Route 10, ☏ .
- Romantico, State Hwy No 10, ☏ .
- Casa de Pasta, 1438 Sussex Turnpike, ☏ .
- Pizza Pub, 395 Dover Chester Road, ☏ . A very casual restaurant. Also a great place to grab a drink at there full bar.
- Black River Barn Restaurant, 1178 State Route 10, ☏ .
- Randolph Diner, 507 State Route 10, ☏ . A popular destination for teenagers on late nights.
- New Moon Chinese Restaurant, 148 Center Grove Road, ☏ .
- New Horizon Chinese Restaurant, 124 State Route 10, Randolph, ☏ .
Randolph is not known primarily for its bars. However, there are a few places to get a good drink.
- Pizza Pub, 395 Dover Chester Road, ☏ .
East and west
State Highway 10 bisects the Northern quarter of the town while Sussex Tpke (a county road) runs along the southern border. Taking Rout 10 East about 7 miles will lead to Interstate 287, and West 8 miles will connect with State Route 46 and Interstate 80. Taking Sussex Tpke 6 miles to the East leads to Morristown – the county seat, and also a center for specialty shopping and services, restaurants, a teaching hospital, significant business (law firms, pharmaceuticals, larger hotels, world HQ for Honeywell, etc). Taking Sussex Tpke West 4 miles feeds out onto Route 10 in the neighboring town of Roxbury.
North and south
Various local roads cut through town, with Millbrook Ave as the main North/South Route (halfway between Route 10 and Sussex Tpke is the township municipal building, police station and high school.