The "Skylands" is in the Northwest Region of New Jersey, in the Mountains.
- Morristown — A city of traditions. Washington camped there during the American rebellion.
- Madison — A mixture between a collegetown and a wealthy town.
- Newton — the county seat of Sussex County.
- Vernon — A popular destination with a ski resort in the winter and a water based theme park in the summer.
- Phillipsburg — A large, urban town just across the river from Easton in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania.
- Hackettstown — A small town, with a historic, but struggling, Main Street.
- Flemington — Shopping in outlet stores is the thing to do here.
- Netcong — a transit hub near the corner of Warren, Morris and Sussex counties, with a train station very close to Interstate 80, and Routes 46 and 206
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area — beautiful park on the river for camping, hiking, tubing, canoeing, more
- Lake Hopatcong — the largest body of fresh water in New Jersey: fishing, boating, ice skating, more.
- American English is the main language of this part of New Jersey, but Spanish speakers can be found in shops and restaurants in many major towns. Communities of people who speak many major languages in the world can be found in pockets all over this region, as well.
- [dead link]Waterloo Village (Park & Concert Fields), Stanhope, NJ (Route 80, exit 25 North, follow signs), e-mail: email@example.com. closed, mostly. Former historic park where actors demonstrated activities from colonial and revolutionary American times. Later, a popular concert spot. Now closed only for special occasions, like the Dodge Poetry Festival [dead link], the future is uncertain for the Waterloo Village. Historic preservation is underway, see attached link for official word from the NJDEP.
- [formerly dead link]New Jersey State Fair (Sussex County Farm and Horse Show), 37 Plains Road, Augusta, NJ 07822 (Very close to both Routes 206 and 15 in northern Sussex County.), ☎ , fax: . Typical State Fair with exhibits, shows and food in a very large fairgrounds facilities for about 10 days every summer. Check website for exact dates, which change every year. Other events throughout the year, as well.
- [dead link]Minor League Baseball at Skylands Park, 94 Championship Place, Augusta, NJ, ☎ . Home of the Sussex Skyhawks, formerly New Jersey Cardinals, now part of the CanAm League.
- Mountain Creek Resort (Action Park — Diablo Freeride Park — Vernon Valley — Great Gorge), 200 McAfee Vernon Road, Vernon, NJ 07462”. Mountain Creek is famous for its skiing in the winter time and it's "water park" in the summertime. Basically, a big theme park. Definitely fun stuff. The bike park is new since I've been there and they have other events in the fall: Wine Tasting, Dog and Horse Shows, Farmers Market. Lots more. It's all on their web site above.
- 1 Land of Make Believe (Pirate's Cove), 354 Great Meadows Road — Rt. 611, Hope, NJ 07844 (2 miles south of Route 80, Exit 12), ☎ . 10am-6pm throughout the summer season. Amusement Park "Specifically Designed for Parent Participation with Children"
- Pizzerias can be found around almost every corner. Most are good, some are better than others.
- Hot Dog Johnny's: an iconic road stop off of Route 46 in Buttzville, NJ where you can get fantastic hotdogs and fries and some tasty refreshing birch beer.
Emergency — Dial 911
- Morristown Memorial Hospital, 100 Madison Avenue, Morristown, NJ 07962. +1-800-247-9580. Regional Trauma Center
- Hackettstown Regional Medical Center, 651 Willow Grove Street, Hackettstown, NJ 07840. +1 908 852-5100
- Warren Hospital, 185 Roseberry Street, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865. +1 908 859-6700
- St. Clare's Health System (4 Hospitals)
- St. Clare's Hospital/Boonton Township [formerly dead link] — 130 Powerville Road, Boonton, NJ 07005. General Information: +1 973-316-1800.
- Saint Clare's Hospital/Denville [formerly dead link], 25 Pocono Road, Denville, NJ 07834. General Information: +1 973-625-6000.
- Saint Clare's Hospital/Dover [formerly dead link], 400 West Blackwell Street, Dover, NJ 07801. General Information: +1 973-989-3000.
- Saint Clare's Hospital/Sussex, 20 Walnut Street, Sussex, NJ 07461. General Information: +1 973-702-2600.
- Newton Memorial Hospital, 175 High Street, Newton, NJ 07860. +1 973-383-2121.
- 24 Hour Pharmacy in Mt. Olive