Reggello is a city in Tuscany.
Car : Located 6 km from A1 Motorway exit " INCISA-REGGELLO" ( Between Florence Sud and Arezzo) Airport : Peretola-Florence, 40 km north Train Station : Figline Valdarno 6km or Sant'Ellero 5km Bus: start from Florence Santa Maria Novella(main Florence train station), Figline Valdarno or Sant'Ellero
- The most famous point of interest is the Abbey of Vallombrosa, located in the famous Vallombrosa forest, 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) from the city's downtown.The abbey of Vallombrosa is situated really in the splendid created Forest and taken care of in the centuries by the monks and declared in the 1973 Natural Biogenetic Reserve.Vallombrosa is a Benedictine abbey in the comune of Reggello (Tuscany, Italy), in the Apennines, surrounded by forests of beech and firs. It was founded by Giovanni Gualberto, a Florentine noble, in 1038 and became the mother house of the Vallumbrosan Order. It was extended around 1450, reaching its current aspect at the end of the 15th century. In 1529, after the looting of Charles V, the east tower was built, in the 17th century followed the wall and in the 18th century the fishing ponds. Today, the monastery is open for tourists and is selling local product
- The Balze were formed from sediment deposited by a lake in the Pliocene and Pleistocene, this lake was about 21 km long, occupying the current Valdarno.Over the millennia, when the lake has receded, its sediments have been subjected to a continuous action of erosion by the weather whom have models them until assuming the fascinating shapes known with the name of “Balze”. The Balze, with their pinnacle and spire of rocks represent a characteristic landscape, but little known, of the Valdarno, that deserves to be seen, also Leonardo da Vinci remained fascinated and he represented it in some of his paintings, like in the background landscape of the MonaLisa.
- Seven Bridge Road-48,8km 30,2 Miles - Between Reggello (FI) and Arezzo there is an ancient scenic route that up to the thirteenth century was the main method of transportation in the area, then following the move of the various castles in the valley, gradually lost its original importance, to become a route loved by cyclists and joggers. The Setteponti is also known as the street of churches, starting with S.Pietro in Cascia, home of a masterful triptych by the world famous artist, Masaccio; then the parish church of Santa Maria in PiandiScò; and then continuing with Badia a Soffena in Castelfranco di Sopra; the parish of Loro Ciuffenna just outside Gropina; and St. Justin. Car traffic is minimal on this road and the various curves make smooth the path where you can admire fantastic views over the valley to the villages along the road. Also you can admire the "Balze of Valdarno" with their pinnacle and spire of rocks that represent a characteristic landscape, but little known, of the Valdarno, that deserves to be seen. Leonardo da Vinci remained fascinated and he represented it in some of his paintings, like in the background landscape of the Mona Lisa. Step in the midst of endless olive trees interspersed here and there by vines, forage crops and olive trees, while in the more pronounced slope one finds thick green patches of vegetation.
- Sottili's stone Workshop Stone&Marble - Pietrapiana, ancient activity connected to the rural world though not directly to agriculture: stone cutting, which has been practiced for centuries to produce building material. The trade, born to satisfy the immediate necessities of the rural family, has adapted to the usages and customs of the modern world.Glancing into Sottili's workshop we catch sight of fireplaces and various decorative objects in stone, as well as sculptures and objects for everyday use. Here stone is still being cut as it was in the past, strenuously, with ancient know-how and the help of nothing but hammer and chisel.
Walk and bike
- Many Trekking path over the forest and balze . Guide available on Town Hall or Geco Ambiente
- The Seven bridge road is a must for cycling or walking
- Every Saturday morning : Weekly market - Reggello
- Last June Sunday and second September Sunday : Open air Market in Reggello street
- Second week of July : Bierfest at the stadium with local associations and twinned municipalities.
- From Friday to Tuesday of the second September Sunday : Reggello Festival of Forgiveness with games, luna park, concerts, fashion shows and fireworks
- November : Extravirgin Olive Oil Festival, held in sports hall - Reggello. Check for the exactly dates
- Outlet Shopping for famous brand names, The Mall and Fashion Valley Groove: 6 km from Reggello, in Leccio.Only 6 km far different Outlet Mall, Fashion Valley and Groove make Reggello a great place for shopping.Home to all the big names of fashion, is an ideal place to spend pleasant days in between shopping and discount offers .
- Osteria del Gallo Restaurant Wine bar Reggello
- Pizzeria Stagnino - Cascia di Reggello ( Pizza and meat)
- Trattoria Masaccio - Cascia di Reggello ( Fish and meat)
- Ristorante Da Giacomo - Saltino ( Meat and mushrooms)
- Ristorante Pizzeria Giusti e Torricelli - Cancelli ( Pizza and meat)
- Ristorante Piazzamagno - Cancelli (Pizza Meat Fish)
- Ristorante Enoteca Dell'Acqua - Reggello ( Meat Pizza)
- Ristorante I laghi della tranquillità - Vaggio ( Pizza - meat)
- Pizzeria Il passeggero - Pietrapiana ( Pizza )
- Ristorante Il Canniccio - Ciliegi ( Meat)
- Ristorante Osteria dei Giusti - Ciliegi ( Meat)
- Ristorante La Tentazione - Leccio (Meat)
- Ristorante Le Rotonde - Vallombrosa ( Meat)
- Ristorante Archimede - Pietrapiana (Meat)
- Caffè di Foffa : Institution of the town, open till late, front of town hall - Reggello
- Caffe Deja Vù : Bar, breakfast, lunch, aperitivo - Ice Cream - Reggello
- La Vecchia Cantinetta : Wine Bar, aperitivo - Reggello, open till late
- Bar Claudio : Ice cream - Cakes - Reggello
- Bar Rejos : Ice cream - Cakes - Reggello
- Bar Caffè l'Incontro : cakes-breakfast-aperitivo - Cascia
- Hdemia del Caffè : breakfast-aperitivo - Cascia
- [dead link] Agriturismo Fattoria la Torre, via Caselli alla Torre (Reggello), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The farm house Fattoria La Torre lies within walking distance of Reggello. Restored and converted into five attractive apartments, all comfortably furnished with large bathrooms and private spots or terraces or loggias with tables, chairs, a barbecue, many sun loungers and superb views of the Florentine countryside. The farmhouse also has five new beautiful B&B bedrooms all for two people. Just below the farmhouse is a swimming pool on one of the many terraces, surrounded by well kept lawns with loungers and parasol.
- Agriturismo Bellosguardo, via Pugliola 53/a (Cancelli), ☏ . The Agriturismo Bellosguardo is located in Cancelli, a Reggello's suburbs ( 3km far)The Villa complex have apartments, pool, restaurant, only for guest use.Olive oil production inside the farm.