Renwick is a small town in Marlborough. It is in the heart of the Wairau Valley wine growing district and could be an alternative to Blenheim as a base from which to explore the region. The small town's motto is "The heart of the wine country" and this is evident by the surrounding land being nearly entirely vineyards.
Renwick is at the intersection between State Highway 6 and 63. Blenheim is 10 minutes east on State Highway 6, passing Blenheim Airport at Woodbourne. Havelock is 20 minutes north again on State Highway 6. Traveling to the West Coast on State Highway 63 will take travelers past St Arnaud (1 hour).
All buses and shuttles traveling Picton - Blenheim - Havelock - Nelson return travel through Renwick. Nelson Lakes Shuttles specialise in providing transport for trampers, hikers, climbers, mountain bikers and skiers. They run on demand and scheduled services to St Arnaud down State Highway 63, Nelson Lakes National Park, Kahurangi National Park, the Richmond Ranges as well as other tramping destinations further afield.
Renwick is 3 minutes from Blenheim Airport.
Renwick is accessible by foot. There is no local bus. For those without access to a car or a bicycle, taxis or tours are the only option
- Neal Shuttle Bus, ☏ . Often meets planes at the airport. Is happy to arrange a wine trail. Seats 10 (but takes single rides too).
- Marlborough Taxis Ltd, ☏ .
- Gateway Taxis, ☏ .
- Renwick Library and Museum, 58 High Street, ☏ . daily 9AM-5PM.
- Department of Conservation South Marlborough Area Office, Gee Street, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. More an administrative office but is a place where up to date information about tracks can be obtained as well as hut passes.
- Olde Mill House B&B - Bicycle Hire, 9 Wilson Street, ☏ . $30 per day,Tandems $60 Bikes are free if you stay at the B&B, www.oldemillhouse.co.nz.
- Renwick Market, High St, ☏ . Every Tu, 10AM-2:30PM. Indoor market day fund-raising for church, private stalls, fresh produce, crafts, collectables, etc.
- Riverlore Art Gallery, 1494 State Highway 6 (just north of Renwick, between Rapaura Rd and the Wairau River bridge), ☏ . Tu-Sa noon-5pm Sep-Apr, Su-M by appointment; shorter hrs May-Aug - please phone.
- Woodbourne Tavern & Restaurant, Main Rd, ☏ .
- Renwick Meat Market, Main Rd, ☏ . "Famous Renwick Mince Pies"
- The Cork and Keg, 33 Inkerman St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Quaint English pub. Taste locally brewed beers and local wines. Good food.
- Fromm winery - La strada, corner State Highway 6 and Godfrey's Rd, ☏ , fax: . Oct–Apr, daily 11AM to 5PM; May–Sep, F, Sa, Su 11AM to 4PM.
- Te Whare Ra Wines, 56 Anglesea St, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Watson's Way Lodge, 56 High St, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tent site $15, van site $19, dorm bed $30, rooms from $88.
Most accommodation will have some form of internet access. Internet cafes can be found in Blenheim. There is a post shop in the High St.
|Routes through Renwick|
|Nelson ← Havelock ←||N E||→ Blenheim|