Retzer Land is a small wine region in Lower Austria.
By car or by train is easy to get in; Retzer Land is only one hour from Vienna.
- Austria's largest historical wine cellar in Retz, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. open every day at 14:00, visit in guided tour. €7.
- National Park Thayatal, ☏ , email@example.com.
- Fortress at Hardegg, firstname.lastname@example.org. Adult €7.90. "
- Baroque castle Riegersburg with Emperor Maximilian von Mexico Museum, arms display, Riegersburg 1, ☏ , email@example.com. open 1 April or Easter to 15 November: 09:00-17:00, visit only by guided tour. Masterpiece of Austrian architecture, state rooms are splendidly furnished partly by owners and partly by Museum of Applied Arts (Vienna). In the park there is a private dog cemetery. Adult €9.90.
- The Church of Holy Blood in Pulkau (Hl. Blutkirche in German). with famous altar from the 12th century
- Renaissance Castle Rosenburg.
- Ametystworld Maissau.
Cycling, hiking, Nordic walking, jogging- there are many well marked cycling and hiking trails. There are many local festivals in year, committed to wine and the Pumpkin festival in autumn. Wine celebrations are featured with open wine cellar doors, so you can taste wines from region. Once a year, in Retz, two fountains at Main Square are filled with white and red wine, instead of water during the celebration "Vine-Week in Retz " (Retzer Weinwoche in German).
You can taste typical Austrian meals in many wine taverns, restaurants and Hotel Althof Retz.
- Schlosshaus Brand, Retz.
Typical wine among others for the region is Weinviertel DAC.