|Past events/Rio 2016: This event has closed and is no longer open to the public. The next Olympic Summer Games will be held in Tokyo, Japan in 2020.|
|Games of the XXXI Olympiad|
|Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – 4/8/2016|
- The Rio de Janeiro article and its district articles provide a more comprehensive guide to those visiting the city.
The ticket draws for the London Olympics in 2012 were heavily oversubscribed for many events in the cheaper seat categories. Bear in mind that you may well not get all the tickets that you apply for.
Residents of Brazil can buy tickets online in a draw. For the best chance, residents should have signed up before March 2015. There were two rounds of ticket draws, one in March 2015, and another (only for those that applied in March) in July 2015. Remaining tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis in October 2015. Due to a sponsorship deal, you will need to have a Visa card issued in Brazil to buy tickets.
Non-residents of Brazil can buy tickets from authorized ticket resellers in their home country. This may include tickets sold a part of a package with travel and accommodation.
Almost all the venues are in Rio de Janeiro, grouped into four areas of the city: the Deodoro and Barra hubs in the city's West Zone, the Maracanã hub in the city's North Zone, and the Copacabana hub, in the city's South Zone. Soccer events include venues in five other cities as well.
- Deodoro Arena. Basketball, Modern Pentathlon (fencing), and Wheelchair Fencing.
- Modern Pentathlon Aquatic Center. Modern Pentathlon (swimming)
- National Equestrian Center. Equestrian events.
- National Shooting Center. Shooting events.
- Olympic Hockey Center. Field hockey events.
- Rugby and Modern Pentathlon Arena. Rugby and Modern Pentathlon.
- Rio X Park. Sporting complex which includes the following sub-venues:
- Olympic BMX Center. BMX Cycling.
- Olympic Mountain Bike Park. Mountain Bike.
- Olympic Whitewater Stadium. Canoe Slalom.
- Maria Lenk Aquatic Center.
- Olympic Aquatics Stadium.
- Olympic Hockey Center.
- Olympic Tennis Center.
- Olympic Training Center.
- Rio Olympic Arena.
- Rio Olympic Velodrome.
- João Havelange Stadium.
- Maracanã Stadium.
- Maracanãzinho Arena.
- Port of Rio de Janeiro.
- Copacabana Stadium.
- Flamengo Park.
- Fort Copacabana.
- Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas.
- Marina da Glória.
- Brasília National Stadium, Brasília. Capacity 76,000.
- Arena da Amazônia, Manaus. Capacity 40,550
- Fonte Nova Stadium, Salvador. Capacity 50,000.
- Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Zona Norte. Capacity 78,600.
- Mineirão Stadium, Belo Horizonte. Capacity 69,900.
- São Paulo Stadium, São Paulo.
Due to a sponsorship deal, the only card generally accepted inside Olympic and Paralympic venues is Visa.
- Wikivoyage:Past events/London 2012 Summer Olympics
- Wikivoyage:Past_events/Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics
- Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games
- Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics